public inbox for insight-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: insight/282: insight Can't compile insight
@ 2005-11-19 18:13 Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2005-11-19 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kseitz; +Cc: insight-prs

The following reply was made to PR insight/282; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com>
To: kontakt@michaelstather.com, insight-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: insight/282: insight Can't compile insight
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 10:10:28 -0800

 http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=insight&pr=282

 What system are you building on?

 Keith

* Re: insight/282: insight Can't compile insight
@ 2005-11-19 19:43 Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2005-11-19 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kseitz; +Cc: insight-prs

The following reply was made to PR insight/282; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com>
To: kontakt@michaelstather.com, insight-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 11:39:03 -0800

 Michael Stather wrote:
 > I don´t know how I can send a file to the bug (if not even reponsing works
 > correctly, but thanks for fixing this)
 > so I attach it here.

  From your build.out file:

 WARNING: `makeinfo' is missing on your system.  You should only need it if
           you modified a `.texi' or `.texinfo' file, or any other file
           indirectly affecting the aspect of the manual.  The spurious
           call might also be the consequence of using a buggy `make' (AIX,
           DU, IRIX).  You might want to install the `Texinfo' package or
           the `GNU make' package.  Grab either from any GNU archive site.
 make[2]: *** [../../../src/bfd/doc/bfd.info] Fehler 1

 Do you have the texinfo package installed? (Is /usr/bin/makeinfo available?)

 Alternatively, you could simply barge past this error by using "make
 -k". Of course, that could make other errors more difficult to find.

 Keith

* Re: insight/282: insight Can't compile insight
@ 2005-11-19 18:23 Michael Stather
From: Michael Stather @ 2005-11-19 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kseitz; +Cc: insight-prs

The following reply was made to PR insight/282; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Michael Stather" <kontakt@michaelstather.com>
To: <insight-gnats@sources.redhat.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 19:18:28 +0100

 I=B4m using SuSE 10.0 with gcc4.

* Re: insight/282: insight Can't compile insight
@ 2005-11-19 16:30 kseitz
From: kseitz @ 2005-11-19 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight-prs, kontakt, kseitz, nobody

Old Synopsis: %3A%20insight%2F281%3A%20Can%B4t%20compile%20insight
New Synopsis: insight Can't compile insight

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->kseitz
Responsible-Changed-By: kseitz
Responsible-Changed-When: Sat Nov 19 16:30:45 2005
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    mine
State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: kseitz
State-Changed-When: Sat Nov 19 16:30:45 2005
State-Changed-Why:
    You say the latest snapshot, but don't list any specifics (download file name with the date). I also don't know what host system or target you are attempting to build. In future bug reports, please do not omit these details.

    Nonetheless, the build error you are seeing is occurring in the bfd sources. You're having problems with documentation building, so I'll hazard a guess that you're running on cygwin (windows) and you don't have all the appropriate packages installed to actually build them. You're probably missing the gettext package.

http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=insight&pr=282