The following reply was made to PR insight/282; it has been noted by GNATS. From: Keith Seitz To: kontakt@michaelstather.com, insight-gnats@sources.redhat.com Cc: Subject: Re: insight/282: insight Can't compile insight Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 11:39:03 -0800 Michael Stather wrote: > I donĀ“t know how I can send a file to the bug (if not even reponsing works > correctly, but thanks for fixing this) > so I attach it here. From your build.out file: WARNING: `makeinfo' is missing on your system. You should only need it if you modified a `.texi' or `.texinfo' file, or any other file indirectly affecting the aspect of the manual. The spurious call might also be the consequence of using a buggy `make' (AIX, DU, IRIX). You might want to install the `Texinfo' package or the `GNU make' package. Grab either from any GNU archive site. make[2]: *** [../../../src/bfd/doc/bfd.info] Fehler 1 Do you have the texinfo package installed? (Is /usr/bin/makeinfo available?) Alternatively, you could simply barge past this error by using "make -k". Of course, that could make other errors more difficult to find. Keith