public inbox for insight-prs@sourceware.org
* insight/326: insight fails to build on fedora 8
@ 2008-01-22 21:23 frank.duignan
From: frank.duignan @ 2008-01-22 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight-gnats

>Number:         326
>Category:       insight
>Synopsis:       insight fails to build on fedora 8
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Tue Jan 22 21:23:01 UTC 2008
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     frank.duignan@dit.ie
>Release:        versions 6.5 and 6.6
Insight's incorrectly mistakes makeinfo version 4.11 on fedora as being a lesser version than 4.4.  The problem lies in the way the configure script parses makeinfo's version string.  This (indirectly) prevents insight from building on fedora 8.  Was able to bypass the problem by editing the Makefile after configure and setting MAKEINFO to makeinfo (rather than the "missing" message)
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

* Re: insight/326: insight fails to build on fedora 8
@ 2008-02-21  0:46 kseitz
From: kseitz @ 2008-02-21  0:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: frank.duignan, insight-prs, keiths, nobody

Synopsis: insight fails to build on fedora 8

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->keiths
Responsible-Changed-By: kseitz
Responsible-Changed-When: Thu Feb 21 00:46:12 2008
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    mine
State-Changed-From-To: open->analyzed
State-Changed-By: kseitz
State-Changed-When: Thu Feb 21 00:46:12 2008
State-Changed-Why:
    Hmm. That is odd, since I use Fedora 8 to do everything nowadays. In which module is this occurring? Perhaps there is an outdated configure script somewhere. ["Insight" proper doesn't use makeinfo -- but gdb, bfd, and several other modules do. The problem is almost certainly in those modules.]

http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=insight&pr=326