public inbox for insight-prs@sourceware.org
* RE: insight/341: insight crashes when defining pending breakpoint
@ 2009-07-07  6:53 Avi Gozlan
From: Avi Gozlan @ 2009-07-07  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: keiths; +Cc: insight-prs

The following reply was made to PR insight/341; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Avi Gozlan <avi@checkpoint.com>
To: "kseitz@sources.redhat.com" <kseitz@sources.redhat.com>,
        Avi Gozlan
	<avi@checkpoint.com>,
        "insight-prs@sources.redhat.com"
	<insight-prs@sources.redhat.com>,
        "keiths@redhat.com" <keiths@redhat.com>,
        "nobody@sources.redhat.com" <nobody@sources.redhat.com>,
        "insight-gnats@sources.redhat.com" <insight-gnats@sources.redhat.com>
Cc: Avi Gozlan <avi@checkpoint.com>
Subject: RE: insight/341: insight crashes when defining pending breakpoint
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 09:49:39 +0300

 I would be thankful if you could supply download details for a stable snaps=
 hot of insight 6.8.

 I got to ftp://sourceware.org/pub/insight/snapshots/current/
 Yet I don't know if the latest weekly snapshot is stable.=20
 Also, what's the relation between the tcltk and insight tarballs? As far as=
  I remember, in the original insight 6.8 tarball both were located in the s=
 ame file... Should I simply tar xvf both to have them under the same src di=
 rectory? Would configure handle both trees correctly?

 Thanks a lot,

 Avi

From: kseitz @ 2009-07-02 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: avi, insight-prs, keiths, nobody

Synopsis: insight crashes when defining pending breakpoint

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->keiths
Responsible-Changed-By: kseitz
Responsible-Changed-When: Thu Jul  2 15:29:39 2009
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    mine
State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: kseitz
State-Changed-When: Thu Jul  2 15:29:39 2009
State-Changed-Why:
    If you are using 6.8, I've attached a patch that was committed in Sept to fix this. Otherwise, I recommend grabbing a CVS or a snapshot (which I will do a better job of posting).

http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=insight&pr=341

* insight/341: insight crashes when defining pending breakpoint
@ 2009-07-02 12:13 avi
From: avi @ 2009-07-02 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight-gnats

>Number:         341
>Category:       insight
>Synopsis:       insight crashes when defining pending breakpoint
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Jul 02 12:13:01 UTC 2009
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     avi@checkpoint.com
>Release:        insight 6.8
Load any executable file in insight, open the console window, then try to define a breakpoint. E.g.:
(gdb)b file.cpp:Init
The popup: "Make breakpoint pending on future shared library load?" appears. Click Yes and insight crashes.