public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Window management problem with Cygwin's X server
@ 2014-05-20  6:23 Pavel Fedin
From: Pavel Fedin @ 2014-05-20  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

 Hello!

 I have got back to running Insight on Cygwin. TCL/TK has been updated, and
startup problem is gone now. Insight runs fine.
 However, there seem to be problems with window management. All windows that
are expected to be resizeable, behave wrong. Maximize/restore button is
disabled. When i try to resize the window manually, it collapses to its
minimum size (so that only header is visible), and never restores again.
 It's definitely not tcl/tk bug itself, because TK demos work absolutely
fine, and their windows resize normally.
 Can anybody help me and at least point out to where the problem can be ? I
guess some attributes are missing during window creation. However i don't
know TCL/TK programming, so it's hard for me to find the problem myself.

Kind regards,
Pavel Fedin
Expert Engineer
Samsung Electronics Research center Russia