public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
From: Pavel Fedin <p.fedin@samsung.com>
To: 'Keith Seitz' <keiths@redhat.com>
Cc: insight@sourceware.org
Subject: RE: How to build Insight for 64-bit linux with system Tcl et al
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 06:09:00 -0000	[thread overview]

 Hello!

> I sent a user these instructions some time ago. Someone was recently
> asking on #gdb, so I thought I would publish this to the mailing list.
>
> I am attempting to switch insight to GIT, but no ETA yet.

 By the way, why doesn't anybody update TCL and TK in Insight's repository ?
 It would be just convenient. Windows users would benefit because under
Windows every piece of software is expected to be self-contained, and
built-in TCL and TK are nice to have.
 Current TCL works even for 64 bits, but has to be patched. All of the
patching is already done in upstream version.

 And one more little thing. Even if i supply --with-tcl=/usr/lib to main
configure script it will still attempt to configure bundled TCL. Shouldn't
it be omitted in this case ? Currently i worked around just by erasing the
directory, but again, it's inconvenient. Usually i just checkout 'insight'
module and expect that everything will work.

Kind regards,
Pavel Fedin
Expert Engineer
Samsung Electronics Research center Russia