public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
From: Pavel Fedin <p.fedin@samsung.com>
To: 'Roland Schwingel' <roland@onevision.com>, insight@sourceware.org
Subject: RE: Bundled TCL/TK - update needed
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 12:36:00 -0000	[thread overview]

 Hello!

> AFAIK Tcl/tk 8.4 is out of service. I wanted to update the intree
> versions to 8.6 some time ago, but I was shifted away to do other
> projects after I did the initial porting of insight to 64bit windows.

 Would be nice if you do it. I think it should not take lots of time. Just
checkout and import.
Actually in my case 8.4 works fine enough on Win7 64bit, but with some
patches.

> I haven't built a cygwin version of insight for a long time. I am
> mainly using insight on mingw64 - where it runs very good as I am
> debugging mainly mingw64 code.

 Yes, MinGW version is better, but there is one thing. Actually my target is
an embedded ARM Linux system, and it's quite hard to use MinGW. For example,
in order to generate SquashFS images correctly, build libraries, etc, i need
support for symlinks. This is why i stick to Cygwin. And MinGW software
doesn't read Cygwin symlinks, so it is not easy to use "set sysroot" in
Insight.
 I could try building Cygwin version myself, however first TCL update is
needed because i don't want to carry on all that patches. This is why i'm
asking for TCL update.

Kind regards,
Pavel Fedin
Expert Engineer
Samsung Electronics Research center Russia