The last time I checked in changes to attempt to set Insight's colors according to the current OS defaults, it worked well on Windows, but not very well on KDE and not at all on GNOME desktops. We will never make a tcl app look just like a GNOME or KDE app, but I wanted to get Insight to at least pick up my bluecurve colors with RedHat 8.0. So I'm checking in some more changes. If this breaks anyone, please let me know. I have also added (for Unix only) a global preference option to allow the user to choose between KDE and GNOME and "default" compatibility. If the user selects KDE or GNOME it will try different things to read in color preferences and will eventually handle some other things differently like Help. Martin 2002-11-06 Martin M. Hunt * library/globalpref.itb (_build_win): Add radiobox to select KDE/GNOME/default for pref gdb/compat. Remove browser option. * library/regwin.itb (build_win): Colors(hbg) has been removed so use Colors(bg) instead. * library/prefs.tcl (pref_set_defaults): Add a new preference "gdb/compat" which can be set to KDE, GNOME, Windows or default. This allows us to change Insight's behavior based on windowing system. (pref_set_colors): Attempt to read in .gtkrc files. Do different things for KDE vs GNOME. (pref_load_default): New function. Load default colors. (pref_load_gnome): New function. Find and open GNOME file. (load_gnome_file): New function. Loads GNOME file. (pref_set_option_db): New function. Set option database.