public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
From: Tim <Tim@deltacompsys.com>
To: Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com>
Cc: insight@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: remote debugging
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 09:38:00 -0000	[thread overview]

I understand using the open menu option, and that is what I tried.  When
'run' the app after opening the local executable, there is no connection
message on the remote device.  What appears to be happening is that
insight is running the application locally and not connecting to the
remote device.

I'm assuming that I'm doing something wrong and insight is not
attempting to connect to the remote device.

I set the target settings to:
	Target: Remote/TCP
	Hostname: 192.168.0.29
	Port: 2345
	Run Options: Attach To Target
	Run Method: Run Program

when I run a console gdb it will connect, but insigt does not...  Any
help is appreciated.  Thanx!