public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* help needed to configure insight for arm-elf-linux-gdb
@ 2003-05-22 20:35 Rahul.Patil
From: Rahul.Patil @ 2003-05-22 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi,
I am trying to use insight for cross-debugging.
The host is i386 and target is dragonballmx1. both have linux (e-linux for the
target).

The gdb util for the e-linux us arm-elf-linux-gdb, which i have successfully
used thru command line. How can I configure Insight to use this gdb.

Thanks and regards,
Rahul Patil

* Re: help needed to configure insight for arm-elf-linux-gdb
@ 2003-05-22 20:42 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2003-05-22 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rahul.Patil; +Cc: insight

On Thu, 2003-05-22 at 13:34, Rahul.Patil@asu.edu wrote:
> The gdb util for the e-linux us arm-elf-linux-gdb, which i have successfully
> used thru command line. How can I configure Insight to use this gdb.

You don't configure Insight to use any particular version of gdb.
Insight IS gdb -- they are the same executable. Just make sure that you
grab a version of the gdb sources which include insight. Then configure
and build as you would gdb. You'll end up with two executables --
arm-elf-linux-gdb and arm-elf-linux-insight (only one executable,
arm-elf-linux-gdb, with older versions -- Insight will start by default
in this case).

Keith