public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
From: Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com>
To: "Bhagat, Vivek" <vivek.bhagat@scr.siemens.com>
Cc: "'insight@sources.redhat.com'" <insight@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: Re: insight GUI not working!
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 13:17:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 06:03, Bhagat, Vivek wrote:
> I am running insight-5.2.1-249 on SuSE 9 Pro and I have all the tools need to run the debugger. But the problem is insight only works for only one user account and for rest of my user account when I run it from the shell window, I only get the gdb console window and GUI does not open up.
> Is it something with my insight configuration that is prohibiting other users to open up insight GUI?
> If anyone can help me out with this it will be a great help?

When you say "gdb console window" what do you mean? You get command-line
gdb in your terminal window or you get Insight's Console Window but no
source window? I'll assume it's the former and not the latter.
[Actually, if it is the latter, try erasing your ~/.gdbtkinit file.]

Are there any errors displayed when insight is started from a
non-working account? Is DISPLAY set?

Perhaps it is a permissions problem with the installation?

I just cannot think of any other reason why an X application would run
for one user and not another. This isn't windows, after all. ;-)

Keith