public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* another problem when building insight
@ 2004-11-26  2:26 twomol
From: twomol @ 2004-11-26  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

all ,hello

        I get the newest insight from cvs yesterday.My OS is winxp with cygwin!
        First thank those warmhearted people for helping me in the former problem(msgfmt) .But there is another problem.^_^
        The following is the error msg:
        /cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l: In function `yylex':
/cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:44: error: `ADDLIB' undeclared (first use in this function)
/cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:44: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:44: error: for each function it appears in.)
/cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:45: error: `ADDMOD' undeclared (first use in this function)
/cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:46: error: `CLEAR' undeclared (first use in this function)
/cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:47: error: `CREATE' undeclared (first use in this function)
/cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:48: error: `DELETE' undeclared (first use in this function)
/cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:49: error: `DIRECTORY' undeclared (first use in this function)
/cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:50: error: `END' undeclared (first use in this function)
/cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:51: error: `EXTRACT' undeclared (first use in this function)
/cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:52: error: `FULLDIR' undeclared (first use in this function)
/cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:53: error: `HELP' undeclared (first use in this function)
/cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:54: error: `LIST' undeclared (first use in this function)
/cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:55: error: `OPEN' undeclared (first use in this function)
/cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:56: error: `REPLACE' undeclared (first use in this function)
/cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:57: error: `VERBOSE' undeclared (first use in this function)
/cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:58: error: `SAVE' undeclared (first use in this function)
/cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:79: error: `yylval' undeclared (first use in this function)
/cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:80: error: `FILENAME' undeclared (first use in this function)
/cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:85: error: `NEWLINE' undeclared (first use in this function)

what's wrong?
Thanks very much!

        twomol
        twomol@bj1860.net
          2004-11-26

[-- Attachment #2: gaizh.gif --]
[-- Type: image/gif, Size: 2477 bytes --]

* Re: another problem when building insight
@ 2004-11-29 20:27 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2004-11-29 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: twomol; +Cc: insight

On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 18:26, twomol wrote:
> all ,hello
>
>         I get the newest insight from cvs yesterday.My OS is winxp with cygwin!
>         First thank those warmhearted people for helping me in the former problem(msgfmt) .But there is another problem.^_^
>         The following is the error msg:
>         /cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l: In function `yylex':
> /cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:44: error: `ADDLIB' undeclared (first use in this function)
> /cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:44: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> /cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:44: error: for each function it appears in.)
> /cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:45: error: `ADDMOD' undeclared (first use in this function)
> /cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:46: error: `CLEAR' undeclared (first use in this function)
> /cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:47: error: `CREATE' undeclared (first use in this function)
> /cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:48: error: `DELETE' undeclared (first use in this function)
> /cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:49: error: `DIRECTORY' undeclared (first use in this function)
> /cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:50: error: `END' undeclared (first use in this function)
> /cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:51: error: `EXTRACT' undeclared (first use in this function)
> /cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:52: error: `FULLDIR' undeclared (first use in this function)
> /cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:53: error: `HELP' undeclared (first use in this function)
> /cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:54: error: `LIST' undeclared (first use in this function)
> /cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:55: error: `OPEN' undeclared (first use in this function)
> /cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:56: error: `REPLACE' undeclared (first use in this function)
> /cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:57: error: `VERBOSE' undeclared (first use in this function)
> /cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:58: error: `SAVE' undeclared (first use in this function)
> /cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:79: error: `yylval' undeclared (first use in this function)
> /cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:80: error: `FILENAME' undeclared (first use in this function)
> /cygdrive/i/gnu/insight/src/binutils/arlex.l:85: error: `NEWLINE' undeclared (first use in this function)
>

> what's wrong?

These are all errors in binutils, which isn't even required to build
insight. What cvs module(s) did you check out?

You should not need to do little more than checkout the "insight" or
"insight+dejagnu" aliases:

$ cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/src login
Logging in to :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:2401/cvs/src
CVS password: [enter "anoncvs"]
$ cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/src co insight

If you want to build binutils separately for cygwin, I suggest doing
that somewhere else, since, as you can see, adding superfluous (for
insight) software to your local sandbox can mislead you into thinking
there are build errors with other packages which may not exist.

If you really do want to build binutils on cygwin and are having
problems with it, I suggest sending a complete transcript of the
configure and build processes to the binutils mailing list (or maybe the
cygwin list?). They should be able to help you better.

Keith

* RE: another problem when building insight
@ 2004-11-30 17:36   ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2004-11-30 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
From: Keith Seitz @ 2004-11-30 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: twomol; +Cc: insight

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 23:11, twomol wrote:
>     In I:\gnu\insight: cvs -q checkout -P insight
>     CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/src

That looks right. When I do that, I don't get a "binutils" directory. I
get:

$ ls -1 src/
bfd
ChangeLog