public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Problem in executing insight after rpm install
@ 2005-01-06  9:12 Manmeet Singh Johar
From: Manmeet Singh Johar @ 2005-01-06  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

  Hello,
I have built Insight 5.2. In the PREFIX directory it executes very well.
But when I install the binaries from RPM, on the same machine and try to
execute it,
following error if flashed:

Could not find the Iwidgets libraries.
Error(s) were:
version conflict for package "Itcl": have 3.0, need 3.2

Could someone please help me out.

* Re: Problem in executing insight after rpm install
@ 2005-01-06 14:49 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2005-01-06 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: manmeet.johar; +Cc: insight

On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 01:11, Manmeet Singh Johar wrote:
> I have built Insight 5.2. In the PREFIX directory it executes very well.
> But when I install the binaries from RPM, on the same machine and try to
> execute it, following error if flashed:
>
> Could not find the Iwidgets libraries.
> Error(s) were:
> version conflict for package "Itcl": have 3.0, need 3.2
>
> Could someone please help me out.

First, let me encourage you to upgrade from Insight 5.2, which is quite
old (well over two-three years old). This may or may not be possible: it
sounds like you are getting pre-packaged binaries from someone.

The error is quite explicit: Insight requires Itcl 3.2 and your
installation is obviously finding 3.0. Install Itcl 3.2 someplace that
insight can find it BEFORE it finds 3.0.

I'm afraid that this is the best advice I can offer. Insight is only
distributed as source code, and someone is providing you with binaries.
I suggest you go to the packager and ask for help.

Keith