public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* insight cygwin --target=arm-elf
@ 2005-01-11 14:00 Alexander Minushkin
From: Alexander Minushkin @ 2005-01-11 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hello.
I want to get working version of GDB/Insight to debug arm-elf target. I work
with Cygwin and WinXP.
The problem is that at the  http://sources.redhat.com/insight/downloads.htm
page I can find a complete instruction how to install Insight 5.3
but there is no sources of insight 5.3 itself and also not all of the files
to patch are existed at CVS repository.

insight-6.1  and snapshot gdb-weekly-6.3.50.20050107.tar.bz2  are failed to
be compiled.

Can you help me to gain an insight 5.3 with all patches needed or any other
version of insight working under cygwin with arm-elf target.

Best regards, Alexander.

* Re: insight cygwin --target=arm-elf
@ 2005-01-11 17:35 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2005-01-11 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Minushkin; +Cc: insight

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 06:00, Alexander Minushkin wrote:
> insight-6.1  and snapshot gdb-weekly-6.3.50.20050107.tar.bz2  are failed to
> be compiled.
>
> Can you help me to gain an insight 5.3 with all patches needed or any other
> version of insight working under cygwin with arm-elf target.

5.3 is ancient. Don't use it unless you really, really have to.

6.1 will work, but you will need to patch it. Search this mailing list
for arm-elf, cygwin, and 6.1 and you'll see the a message from me
containing the patches. [Of course, I am assuming that you're running
into the "usual" problems with 6.1, since all you say is "it doesn't
work".]

IMO the easiest thing to do is checkout the repository version of the
sources, which is what I use. Directions are on the download page on the
insight webpage.

Keith