public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Insight Snap Shot
@ 2005-06-09  0:16 Steven Johnson
From: Steven Johnson @ 2005-06-09  0:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Building on what was discussed before.

I have (sitting on my HDD) an Insight snapshot from CVS
insight-6.3.50-20050609.tar.bz2

I would like to put it somewhere official as a convenience for people to
use, instead of CVS.  It has had a number of fixes/improvements over the
previous official release, and builds for me (tested only with a PowerPC
embedded target).  I would then like to cut a new snapshot, leading up
to an official insight-6.4 release in synch with GDB as improvements
dictate.  The idea of the snapshots is to get as wide an audience as
possible for testing leading up to an official 6.4 version.

I would also like to edit the web site, to reflect the current status of
insight, point to the last official release (6.1) and this/later snapshots.

However from this point, i do not know what to do to:
a) put the snapshot somewhere official
b) update the web pages

any help would be appreciated.

Steven