public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
From: Thomas A Peterson <tap@htc.honeywell.com>
To: insight@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: A couple of suggestions/questions
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 12:29:00 -0000	[thread overview]

It would be nice if the pop-up view of a variables was available when
viewing inline C++ functions that are in header files.  I end up doing a
View->Local Variables to get around this missing feature.

For some reason the source file list does not contain the assembly language
files that went into the executable.  Only the headers, C, and C++ files
are in the list.  Is this a limitation of gdb?

I would like to have a gdb.ini file that would allow me to attach to my
remote target without any gui interaction but I can't seem to figure it
out.  Is there a way to set the baudrate from the init file?  Is there a
way to specify that breakpoints should NOT be set at main() and exit()?

We are using it as a kernel level debugger and would like to view the
supervisor level registers of the PowerPC from the View->Registers window.
Is there a magic incantation that would allow me to do this or do I have to
modify some insight code?

Thanks, Tom