public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Re: a question
       [not found] <001901c08b27$4c0734e0$6612fc87@ap.lucent.com>
@ 2001-01-31  7:23 ` Laurent Duperval
From: Laurent Duperval @ 2001-01-31  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 31 Jan, jun zeng wrote:
> Laurent
>
> Sorry for so long time to reply the email because Spring festival of china,
> what I mean is that how I can trigger the GUI .

I'm sorry, I still don't understand. Compile and install insight, then type

gdb

at the prompt to start it. Make sure it gets installed in a directory in
your path, or (preferably) put it in its own subdirectory and add the
subdirectory to your PATH.

--

       [not found] <980954628.19756.ezmlm@sources.redhat.com>
@ 2001-01-31 11:10 ` Jim Ingham
From: Jim Ingham @ 2001-01-31 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

The only other bit to remember is that if you don't have a DISPLAY
environment variable set, then the Insight version of gdb will fall back
to the command-line.

Jim

On Wednesday, January 31, 2001, at 07:23 AM, insight-digest-
help@sources.redhat.com wrote:

> From: Laurent Duperval <laurent.duperval@netergynet.com>
> Date: Wed Jan 31, 2001  07:22:00 AM US/Pacific
> To: jzeng@cvu.china.bell-labs.com
> Subject: Re: a question
>
> On 31 Jan, jun zeng wrote:
>> Laurent
>>
>> Sorry for so long time to reply the email because Spring festival of
>> china,
>> what I mean is that how I can trigger the GUI .
>>

> I'm sorry, I still don't understand. Compile and install insight, then
> type
>
> gdb
>
> at the prompt to start it. Make sure it gets installed in a directory in
> your path, or (preferably) put it in its own subdirectory and add the
> subdirectory to your PATH.

Jim Ingham                                   jingham@apple.com
Developer Tools - gdb
Apple Computer

* Re: a question
@ 2001-01-23  5:40 ` Laurent Duperval
From: Laurent Duperval @ 2001-01-23  5:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jzeng; +Cc: insight

On 22 Jan, jzeng wrote:
> I download a copy of insight 5.0 ,but I can not run it , I want to know
> how to do it, and where is the documentation.
>

> thanks
> jun

What does "I cannot run it" mean? Did you type "gdb" and nothing happened?
Or did it start and crash? Or does it come up but you don't know what to do
with it?

MY EMAIL ADDRESS HAS CHANGED --> UPDATE YOUR ADDRESSBOOK

Laurent Duperval                   "Montreal winters are an intelligence test,
Netergy Networks - Java Center            and we who are here have failed it."
Phone: (514) 282-8484 ext. 228                                   -Doug Camilli
mailto:laurent.duperval@netergynet.com           Penguin Power!

* a question
@ 2001-01-22  1:25 jzeng