public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Insight by CVS
@ 2001-04-12  6:26 Laurent Duperval
From: Laurent Duperval @ 2001-04-12  6:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Once again, I need to get insight by CVS but nowhere on the insight page
does it explain how to do so. I'm sure it can be done because I did it at my
previous company. A search of the mailing list didn't get me anything,
probably because I'm not searching correctly. So can someone lend me a
helping hand? Also, if someone with a little time on their hands could add
this info to the download section of the Insight page, it would be greatly
appreciated!

Laurent Duperval < mailto:lduperval@microcelli5.com >

* Re: Insight by CVS
@ 2001-04-13 13:11 Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2001-04-13 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lduperval; +Cc: Insight Maling List

Laurent Duperval wrote:

> Once again, I need to get insight by CVS but nowhere on the insight page
> does it explain how to do so. I'm sure it can be done because I did it
> at my previous company. A search of the mailing list didn't get me
> anything, probably because I'm not searching correctly. So can someone
> lend me a helping hand? Also, if someone with a little time on their hands
> could add this info to the download section of the Insight page, it would
> be greatly appreciated!

Maybe someone updated this very, very recently, but it appears to be on
there already under the "download" heading:

  Development version:

      Get the very latest sources.
        .  ftp: Download them from the snapshots directory: ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/gdb/snapshots/ or check the list of mirrors for a more
           local site.
        .  CVS: Check out read-only copies from the GDB CVS repository with commands like these:

          cvs -z9 -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.cygnus.com:/cvs/src login
          {enter "anoncvs" as the password}
          cvs -z9 -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.cygnus.com:/cvs/src co insight dejagnu

          Checking out and building both insight and dejagnu is recommended.
        .  WWW: Browse the current CVS repository files over the web by the CVSweb interface.
      Utilities often used when building gdb (such as texinfo and automake) are also available from the pub/gdb/infrastructure and pub/binutils
      directories.

Keith