public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Re: Patch ping
       [not found] <87snan6n7u.fsf@creche.redhat.com>
@ 2001-10-10  9:28 ` Elena Zannoni
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Elena Zannoni @ 2001-10-10  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tromey; +Cc: Elena Zannoni, gdb-patches, insight

Tom Tromey writes:
 > This patch has been unreviewed for a month:
 >
 >     http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2001-11/msg00108.html
 >
 > Tom

Yes, I didn't forget.  I was waiting for some comments on the insight
changes. I am cc-ing that list.

It is fine for the gdb proper part.

Elena

* Re: Patch ping
@ 2001-10-10 10:01   ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2001-10-10 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Elena Zannoni; +Cc: tromey, gdb-patches, Insight Maling List

My bad...

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Elena Zannoni wrote:

> Tom Tromey writes:
>  > This patch has been unreviewed for a month:
>  >
>  >     http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2001-11/msg00108.html
>  >
>  > Tom
>
> Yes, I didn't forget.  I was waiting for some comments on the insight
> changes. I am cc-ing that list.

I really don't know what to say. The only thing I know about this
function is from its comment:

   /* The lookup_symtab() in symtab.c doesn't work correctly */
   /* It will not work will full pathnames and if multiple */
   /* source files have the same basename, it will return */
   /* the first one instead of the correct one. */
   /* symtab->fullname will be NULL if the file is not available. */

I've created a simple testcase which looks like this:

$ ls *
foo*  foo.c

a:
foo.c

b:
foo.c

c:
foo.c

So we have four filenames called foo.c. Now if I change full_lookup_symtab
to skip what it does and ONLY call lookup_symtab, I cannot load any source
file from Insight. It just doesn't find any.

After applying this patch, everything seems to work again.

So, yes, please do check it in. We'll worry about any fallout later.

(Sorry for draggin' my *** so long on this.)
Keith

* Re: Patch ping
@ 2001-10-11 10:35   ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2001-10-11 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Elena Zannoni; +Cc: gdb-patches, insight

Elena> It is fine for the gdb proper part.

Thanks.
I'm checking it in now.

Tom

* Re: Patch ping
@ 2001-12-07  8:14   ` Elena Zannoni
From: Elena Zannoni @ 2001-12-07  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tromey; +Cc: Elena Zannoni, gdb-patches, insight

@ 2001-12-07 10:00     ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2001-12-07 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Elena Zannoni; +Cc: tromey, gdb-patches, Insight Maling List

@ 2001-12-08 19:57     ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2001-12-08 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Elena Zannoni; +Cc: gdb-patches, insight

Elena> It is fine for the gdb proper part.

Thanks.
I'm checking it in now.

Tom

* Patch ping
@ 2012-04-16  9:16 Roland Schwingel
From: Roland Schwingel @ 2012-04-16  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi ...

There are still 5 patches open for review. I want to send in a ping for
them.

Here they are (in order of appearance):

http://sourceware.org/ml/insight/2012-q1/msg00034.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/insight/2012-q2/msg00000.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/insight/2012-q2/msg00010.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/insight/2012-q2/msg00011.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/insight/2012-q2/msg00012.html

Thanks,

Roland

* Re: Patch ping
@ 2006-01-24 11:33   ` Andrew STUBBS
From: Andrew STUBBS @ 2006-01-24 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith Seitz; +Cc: insight

Keith Seitz wrote:
> I've checked in all your changes, but I made a slight clean-up to the
> memprefs.itb patch. I've attached the diff between your patch and mine
> (committed).

Thanks, I only write TCL with a manual and I guess it shows.

Andrew

* Re: Patch ping
@ 2006-01-24  1:35 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2006-01-24  1:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew STUBBS; +Cc: insight

Andrew STUBBS wrote:

> I posted three trivial patches to this list nearly two weeks ago and
> have received no response at all.

My bad, sorry.

I've checked in all your changes, but I made a slight clean-up to the
memprefs.itb patch. I've attached the diff between your patch and mine
(committed).

Thanks!
Keith

ChangeLog
2006-01-23  Keith Seitz  <keiths@redhat.com>

         From Andrew Stubbs  <andrew.stubbs@st.com>:
         * library/help/source.html: Add entries for the missing menu
commands.

2006-01-23  Keith Seitz  <keiths@redhat.com>

         From Andrew Stubbs  <andrew.stubbs@st.com>:
         * library/mempref.itb (MemPref::constructor): Allow the Byte
Per Row
         combo box to accept arbitrary values.
         (MemPref::set_bytes_per_row): Validate the new value; reject
invalid
         entries and round up to a multiple of the word size.
         (MemPref::apply): Read the value from the text box even if the user
         has not pressed return.
         (MemPref::enable_format): Ensure the bytes per row value is
still valid.
         (MemPref::disable_format): Likewise.
         * library/mempref.ith (MemPref): Add $gbprlist.
         * library/help/memory.html: Update.

2006-01-23  Keith Seitz  <keiths@redhat.com>

         From Andrew Stubbs  <andrew.stubbs@st.com>:
         * library/helpviewer.tcl (open_help): Add firefox and opera to the
         browser list used to display help.

[-- Attachment #2: diffs --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 1356 bytes --]

*** yours	2006-01-23 17:10:24.000000000 -0800
--- mine	2006-01-23 17:13:53.000000000 -0800
*** 43,64 ****
  +    if {[expr {$gbpr > 150}]} {set gbpr 150}
  +
  +    # Insert the value into the combo box list, if it isn't there already.
! +    set found 0
! +    foreach item $gbprlist {
! +      if {$item == $gbpr} {
! +        set found 1
! +      }
! +    }
! +    if {[expr {$found == 0}]} {
  +      lappend gbprlist $gbpr
  +      $Widgets(b-bytes_per_row) list insert end $gbpr
  +    }
  +
  +    set s $gsize
! +    if {[expr {$s == 3}]} {set s 4}
! +    if {[expr {$s == 5}]} {set s 8}
  +    set rem [expr {$gbpr % $s}]
! +    if {[expr {$rem != 0}]} {
  +      # The bytes-per-row is not a multiple of the size.
  +      set gbpr [expr {$gbpr + ($s - $rem)}]
  +    }
--- 53,70 ----
  +    if {[expr {$gbpr > 150}]} {set gbpr 150}
  +
  +    # Insert the value into the combo box list, if it isn't there already.
! +    set found [lsearch $gbprlist $gbpr]
! +
! +    if {$found == -1} {
  +      lappend gbprlist $gbpr
  +      $Widgets(b-bytes_per_row) list insert end $gbpr
  +    }
  +
  +    set s $gsize
! +    if {$s == 3} {set s 4}
! +    if {$s == 5} {set s 8}
  +    set rem [expr {$gbpr % $s}]
! +    if {$rem != 0} {

@ 2006-01-23 17:58 Andrew STUBBS
From: Andrew STUBBS @ 2006-01-23 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi,

I posted three trivial patches to this list nearly two weeks ago and
have received no response at all.

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/insight/2006-q1/msg00008.html
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/insight/2006-q1/msg00011.html
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/insight/2006-q1/msg00014.html

Thanks in advance

Andrew Stubbs

* Re: Patch ping
@ 2002-01-08 11:33   ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2002-01-08 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith Seitz; +Cc: Insight List

Keith> Plese do check it in, and thank you for reminding me.

I'll check it in shortly.

Keith> PS. Of course this begs, do we still want the pwd in the
Keith> session at all?

I think so.  I still find it useful when I'm not using --args mode.
Of course, these days most of my gdb invocations use --args, but still

Tom

* Re: Patch ping
@ 2002-01-07  9:32 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2002-01-07  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Tromey; +Cc: Insight List

On 5 Jan 2002, Tom Tromey wrote:

> This patch has been pending a couple weeks:
>
>   http://sources.redhat.com/ml/insight/2001-q4/msg00433.html

Really? I thought I approved this?

Sigh. I'm losing my mind.

Plese do check it in, and thank you for reminding me.
Keith

PS. Of course this begs, do we still want the pwd in the session at all?

* Patch ping
@ 2002-01-05 12:59 Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2002-01-05 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Insight List

@ 2001-10-17 16:29   ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2001-10-17 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith Seitz; +Cc: Insight List

Tom> A simple fix for the M-b binding:

Keith> I thought that I approved this long, long ago? Hmmm. Don't see
Keith> anything.  Please commit.

Thanks, done.

Tom> Load sessions at startup and in response to the `file' command:

Keith> $ gdb/gdb gdb/gdb <WORKED>
Keith> $ gdb/gdb ~/sources/linux/gdb <WORKED>
Keith> $ ./gdb ./gdb <DID NOT WORK>
Keith> $ gdb/gdb ../linux/gdb/gdb <DID NOT WORK>

I agree it would be good to handle this.  One way would be to use
`realpath'.  This would handle symlinks too -- though perhaps this
would be confusing rather than helpful?  Hard to say.

Soon I'll resubmit the patch with the code you wrote integrated.

Tom

* Re: Patch ping
@ 2001-10-17 13:25 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2001-10-17 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Tromey; +Cc: Insight List

On 17 Oct 2001, Tom Tromey wrote:

> I have a couple pending patches.  If you don't want pings like this,
> tell me and I won't send them.

By all means: remind me when I forget!

> A simple fix for the M-b binding:
>
>     http://sources.redhat.com/ml/insight/2001-q4/msg00058.html

I thought that I approved this long, long ago? Hmmm. Don't see anything.
Please commit.

> Load sessions at startup and in response to the `file' command:
>
>     http://sources.redhat.com/ml/insight/2001-q4/msg00056.html

I played with this a bit, and I could only find two small problems, which
I am not sure really require fixing. Here's what I tried...

$ gdb/gdb gdb/gdb <WORKED>
$ gdb/gdb ~/sources/linux/gdb <WORKED>
$ ./gdb ./gdb <DID NOT WORK>
$ gdb/gdb ../linux/gdb/gdb <DID NOT WORK>

In all cases, the same gdb executable was targetted.

(I was pleasantly suprised, though, that using File->Close did
everything it needed to do.)

I don't know if this can be easily fixed, or if we even want to, but it
seems (at worst), that we could do something like:

proc SESSION_exe {exe_name} {
  global tcl_platform

  # get real directory for gdb_exe_name
  if {[string compare $tcl_platform(platform) "windows"] == 0} {
    set file [ide_cygwin_path to_win32 $exe_name]
  } else {
    set file $exe_name
  }
  set dir [file dirname $file]
  set cdir [pwd]
  cd $dir
  set dir [pwd]
  cd $cdir
  return [file join $dir [file tail $file]]
}

proc SESSION_exe_key {exe_name} {
  set name [SESSION_exe $exe_name]
  return gdb/session/$name
}

Putting SESSION_exe_key in a session_load, session_save, and
session_notice_file_change should help us to fix these problems.

?
Keith

* Patch ping
@ 2001-10-17  9:52 Tom Tromey