public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
From: Ian Roxborough <irox@redhat.com>
To: Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com>
Cc: insight@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [RFA] Move "search in editor" entry box.
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:43:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:23:26 -0800 (PST) Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Ian Roxborough wrote:
>
> > This patch moves the find/search entry box to the toolbar
> > above it (where the line number and address used to be).
> > It also adds a "Find:" label to it as well.
>
> I thought we were going to move it to a dialog which would allow you to
> search for text, regexp, match case, goto a line number, etc?

Yeah, that would be it's intended and prefered destination.
But until somebody has the time to work on it I thought
we had agreed to just to move it (I could be wrong).

If you take a look at the changes to SrcWin::_search, which is
now called SrcWin::search, it takes a "string" parameter instead
of doing a get on a hardcoded widget path when getting the string
to search for.  This will make writting a simple search dialog
a lot easier, then things can be expanded to include regexps,
match case, etc. as we get the time to add these features.
Also, breaking it into smaller steps will help avoid large
patches.

Ian.