public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
From: "Hartman, John (St. Paul)" <jhartman@trane.com>
To: "'insight@sources.redhat.com'" <insight@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: RE: Is it possible to save window size and position preferences?
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 14:13:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Keith Seitz wrote:

>Ah, I see what's going on (and I don't really like it, either)... We save
>the geometry of any _open_ windows when Insight is exited. Once they are
>saved like this, these settings will never go away (unless you delete your
>preferences file). So even if you close them, they will show up the
>"right" way next time.

I deleted gdbtk.ini and then ran Insight.  The behavior I get is
1) open, size and place Register and Locals windows
2) close Insight
3) run Insight again - and get only the source window, open to its original
dimensions

If I open gdbtk.ini (attached) after step 2, it contains for these windows
only:

	[reg]
		highlight_fg=blue
		rows=16
	[locals]

What do the commands in the ini file look like for windows open and sized?
As a brute-force hack, I could hand edit my ini file for the placement I
want.