public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
From: Keith Seitz <kseitz@firetalk.com>
To: Amlan Chakraborty <amlan.cha@wipro.com>
Cc: insight@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: Problem reported in main.tcl for insight 5.0
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 06:07:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Amlan Chakraborty wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using a Windows 95 with cygwin for an  ARM PID 7t development board,
> the build of the gdb
> don't make any error, but when i launch the arm-elf-gdb an error occur
> it's :
>
> "Can't find a usable main.tcl in the following directories :
> d:/cygwin/tools/share/gdbtcl d:/cygwin/tools/gdbtcl .....
>
> but the main.tcl file is in the  d:/cygwin/tools/share/gdbtcl location
> ???
>
> Moreover the arm-elf-gdb works fine with the -nw option (no
> window).
>
> I found this problem also reported by balet charles-henri in the mailing
> lists archive. If there is a solution please reply ASAP.
> I feel the installation was proper including the patches for the
> source.

Have you tried scanning the online archives of this group? Chris Faylor
has recently mentioned that there was an incompatibility between some
cygwin change a little while ago and Tcl. See if any of the
suggestions/solutions posted in the last few weeks helps any.

If not, let us know. Include cygwin version and insight version
(preferably from the tarballs that you downloaded).

Keith