public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
From: Richard Homolka <rich@zedo.com>
To: insight@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: insight 5.0 on FreeBSD 4.1 - Possible?
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 12:48:00 -0000	[thread overview]

4.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE #0:  x86

Is this a target?  I get build problems.  I'd like to be able to use
this on this platform (GUI's make me have to remember less of my code,
allow me to concentrate on debugging and not code memorization) but I
get build problems.

1) many of the X builds (in tk/unix, itcl/itk/unix, tix/unix/tk8.0 need
-lXThrStub added to the link libraries on this platform (Xfree 3.3.6)

2) It dies in directory ./gdb, choking big time on solib.c, with a bunch
of structs that are indeterminate for it.

Help?  Should I look elsewhere?  My work has all the servers in a back
room, and DDD (actually lessTif) and my PC XServer don't play nice-nice.
  I can get insight running fine on Linux, but I also need it on
FreeBSD.  What can I do to help to get this working?  I actually like
insight better - DDD is huge sometimes, I find insight more streamlined
usually.

Thanks.