public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* No GUI with GDB 5.0 on Redhat 6.1
@ 2001-02-19  7:23 guyr
From: guyr @ 2001-02-19  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

I downloaded and
successfully built GDB 5.0 from Redhat's site on my Redhat 6.1 system.
However, when I start it I get the old command interface - no GUI. I searched
the archives and found other reports of the same problem.  One of those
messages mentioned something about a widgets file in the share directory.
My /usr/share directory doesn't have any file with "widget" in its name.
Do I need to install any other packages to use the GDB 5.0 GUI?
Thanks.

Guy Rouillier
571-226-1229
guyr@bbo.com
Zephion Networks
2950 Gallows Road
Falls Church, VA 22042

* Re: No GUI with GDB 5.0 on Redhat 6.1
@ 2001-02-19  7:29 ` Fernando Nasser
From: Fernando Nasser @ 2001-02-19  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guyr; +Cc: insight

Make sure your DISPLAY environment variable is set properly.  If DISPLAY
is not set, gdb reverts to command mode.

Also, use "which gdb" to make sure the right gdb is being picked up.

The file you should not have is called  iwidgets2.2.0 in share.
You should have a iwidgets3.0.0 in there though.

F.

--
Fernando Nasser
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300