[added insight] > On May 29, 2001, Alexandre Oliva wrote: > > >> Another problem showed up while building gdbtk. gdb/defs.h #includes >> , but tcl/generic/tclInt.h #includes , because >> HAS_STDARG is not defined. > > >> It turns out that the va_start macro defined in varargs.h ends up >> overriding that of stdarg.h, so we call va_start with the wrong number >> of arguments. > > >> Since GDB assumes the existence of stdarg.h, I suppose this patch >> would be acceptable. Ok to install? > > > This one seems to have never been acknowledged. Ok for 5.2 and > mainline? I don't know that this belongs in defs.h (definitly not without a big comment explaining the history :-). As you note, gdb doesn't include tclInt.h, only GDBTK. I suspect gdbtk/generic/gdbtk.h or autoconf is better? Andrew