public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
From: "David Mc Kenna" <mckennad@esatclear.ie>
To: Andrew Cagney <ac131313@cygnus.com>,
	Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com>,
	mckennad@esatclear.ie, insight@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: Adding Registers
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 03:40:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Thanks for the help.

Just one or two more questions.

I have modified tm-arm.h from

#define NUM_GREGS	16	/* Number of general purpose registers.  */

#define NUM_GREGS	18	/* Number of general purpose registers.  */

This increases the number of registers that is seen by GDB/Inishgt by 2.

I have modified arm-tdep.c from

"fps", "cpsr"}; 		/* 24 25 26 27     */

"fps", "cpsr", "r13" , "r14" }; 		/* 24 25 26 27
 */  /*Modified by David
McKenna */

I have recompilied Insight/GDB with no problems and the new registers appear

in the Register window.

I have tried looking for the function target_fetch/store_registers() but I am

unable to locate it in any C file. I am assuming that this is where you define

what memory location you want the registers to look at.

If possible could you point me in the right direction,

Thanks,
Dave Mc Kenna
--
http://www.iol.ie