public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Re: Code display question ( RE GCC - save-temps )
@ 2002-03-19  9:35 David Mc Kenna
From: David Mc Kenna @ 2002-03-19  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Mc Kenna, Keith Seitz, David Mc Kenna, Insight Maling List

Sorry here are the files

>Thanks for the reply,
>
>The target is for arm-elf.
>Included is the c source that I am using and 2 bzipped elf files, one with
-save-temps
>string ( testwst.elf ) and one without ( testwost.elf ) .
>
>Any help is appreciated,
>Dave Mc Kenna
>

>>On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, David Mc Kenna wrote:
>>
>>> When I compile a program without specifying -save-temps with GCC I can view

>>> the code in 4 formats under Insight,i.e. Source,Assembly, Mixed and SRC
+
>ASM.
>>> But when I use the -save-temps switch with GCC I am unable to view the source

>>> code as mixed, it appears identical to assembly.
>>
>>I tried this using GNUPro 00r1 gcc, a special internal x86 compiler, and
>>stock gcc from RH7.0 against both CVS Insight and 5.1.1 Insight. I'd say
>>that this looks like a compiler problem.
>>
>>I don't have 3.0.x installed anywhere, can you send me an executable (or
>>its debug info)? What target?
>>
>>Keith
>>

>Sun Tzu once wrote......
>The supreme act of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting....
>--
>http://www.iol.ie

Sun Tzu once wrote......
The supreme act of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting....
--
http://www.iol.ie

[-- Attachment #2: test.zip --]
[-- Type: application/x-zip-compressed, Size: 251818 bytes --]

* Re: Code display question ( RE GCC - save-temps )
@ 2002-03-19  9:16 David Mc Kenna
From: David Mc Kenna @ 2002-03-19  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith Seitz, David Mc Kenna, Insight Maling List

@ 2002-03-08  6:22 David Mc Kenna
From: David Mc Kenna @ 2002-03-08  6:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight, gcc

Hi all,

Just a quick question with relation to both GCC and GDB.

When I compile a program without specifying -save-temps with GCC I can view
the code in 4 formats under Insight,i.e. Source,Assembly, Mixed and SRC + ASM.
But when I use the -save-temps switch with GCC I am unable to view the source
code as mixed, it appears identical to assembly.

The test program I am using is a simple "hello world" program. GCC is v3.0.4
under cygwin. Insight/GDB is v5.1.1 under cygwin.

Any help is appreciated,
Dave McKenna

--
http://www.iol.ie