public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
From: Toralf Lund <toralf@procaptura.com>
To: insight@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Insight + ARM-9 + BDI2000: Hang on exec
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 12:55:00 -0000	[thread overview]

I'm using insight built for ARM along with the BDI2000 (BDIGDB) debug
"POD" to debug a custom interface card based on the MC9328 (ARM-9 core)
processor.

Now, I can download the code, access memory, display registers etc. just
fine. I was even able to start the application, stop at breakpoints,
steptrace etc. for a while, but now when I hit "run", insight will hang
completely. The window is  still displayed, but none of the buttons or
menus, or the sliders, respond to input, and the "run" icon doesn't even
change to "stop". The only way out is to kill the app. gdb from the same
build appears to work fine. As is often the case when those things
happen, I'm unable to tell what has changed since everything worked.
I've tried removing .gdbtkinit & reconfigured target settings to make
sure the setup was clean, but this didn't help.

Any ideas what may be wrong?

Insight version is 6.0. Host OS is Red Hat Linux 9

- Toralf