public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Re: Insight and mingw GUI-programs
@ 2004-05-03 19:39 Zbynek Winkler
From: Zbynek Winkler @ 2004-05-03 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hello, I am writing in response to
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/insight/2004-q1/msg00078.html, because I am
experiencing the same problem - cygwin version of insight cannot find
source to a binary compiled with mingw. GDB finds the debug info and the
output of "tk gdb_loc main" is "../util/test.cpp main ../util/test.cpp
13 0x0040ad9f 0x0040ad9f {}" which is not where the source is located.
When I move the binary to a location that corresponds with the above
findings the source is found. The output of the "tk gdb_loc main" is now
"../util/test.cpp main /cygdrive/d/ester/util/test.cpp 13 0x0040ad9f
0x0040ad9f {}".
Zbynek

--
http://zw.matfyz.cz/     http://robotika.cz/
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic

* Insight and mingw GUI-programs
@ 2004-03-16 21:57 A. Klingenstein
From: A. Klingenstein @ 2004-03-16 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

I compiled Inisight 6.0 and 5.3 (todays CVS errored on compile in the
UI) with the latest cygwin.
Now I want to debug a graphical Windows program compiled with Dev-C++
which uses mingw, but Insight won't find the debug info and will display
only asm, no source. Function names it knows tho. If I try a console
program, everything works alright
There seems to be a 2nd bug that when asm is shown, single step or
breakpoints won't work: the program just runs through. Together those
two bugs make it impossible to debug a graphical program in any way.
Is this a known error or am I unique? Is there perhaps a fix somewhere?

Alex