public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
From: Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com>
To: Ray Duran <Ray.Duran@FutureElectronics.com>
Cc: insight@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: Cannot Build Insight Tool
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 18:35:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Ray Duran wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have really been struggling trying to build the Insight tool.
> I have tried 6.1,6.4, and 6.5 all with no success.
>
> My problem seems to be that the build is complaining of a missing file
> called ada-lex.c. I have been talking on the gdb board and I was told
> that this file is created
> during the release creation.
>
> I don't seem able to find a site that has this file included. Is there a
> good site that anyone knows
> of where I can get a download where I will not have this problem(
> ada-lex.c included)

Are you trying to build a release or a snapshot? Unfortunately, I've
been improperly releasing insight, so those files were not generated for
the release tarball. Turns out I've been releasing "snapshots" of the
release. My bad.

I'm working on a new release which is done the way gdb is (properly, in
other words).

In the meantime, though, note that the build is capable of generating
those files if you have flex installed. You may also need bison,
texinfo, etc.

Keep your eyes posted for an announcement from me about a proper release
tarball in the next day or two.

My apologies to you and everyone else this has affected.

Keith