Hi, I've committed the following mega-patch which does two things. First, trivially, it updates the sources for use with Itcl 3.3. Second, and more important, I've added machinery to use the system-supplied versions of Tcl and Tk. I'm on my way to eradicating our need for having our own versions of tcl, tk, and itcl et al. If there are any problems, please send a note to this list. New itcl3.3 and updates to insight coming shortly. Keith 2008-07-22 Keith Seitz * tcl.m4: New file. * acinclude.m4: Include tcl.m4 instead of ../config/acinclude.m4 * aclocal.m4: Regenerated. * configure.ac: Do not check for ITCL_SH. Use SC_PATH_TCLCONFIG, SC_PATH_TKCONFIG, SC_LOAD_TCLCONFIG, and SC_LOAD_TKCONFIG to find Tcl and Tk. Add some logic for when using in-tree Tcl/Tk. Change substitutes for TCL_BUILD_LIB_SPEC, TK_BUILD_LIB_SPEC, and TCLHDIR to accommodate using system-supplied Tcl and Tk. * configure: Regenerated. * Makefile.in: Regenerated. * library/Makefile.am: Replace ITCL_SH with TCLSH. Remove TCL_SHARED rules. (tclIndex): Update build rules. * library/Makefile.in: Regenerate. * library/balloon.tcl: Update for Itcl 3.2/3.3. * library/cframe.tcl: Likewise. * library/lframe.tcl: Likewise. * library/multibox.tcl: Likewise. * library/sendpr.tcl: Likewise. * library/ventry.tcl: Likewise. * library/wframe.tcl: Likewise. * src/Makefile.am (INCLUDES): Update. * src/Makefile.in: Regenerate. * src/paths.c (init_script): Accommodate builddir != srcdir.