Hi, For an embarrassingly long time now, I've noticed (at least on linux) that scrollbars in the variable windows were pretty darn ugly. So while I was in a hacking mood, I figured out what was causing it. I'm not entirely sure why the "-borderwidth 0" option was used originally, but removing definitely looks better to me than having it. If there are any problems with this patch on other systems, please let me know. Keith ChangeLog 2009-04-23 Keith Seitz * library/vartree.itb (constructor): Remove the borderwidth 0 argument.