public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
From: Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com>
To: sandip gangakhedkar <sandipfloyd@gmail.com>
Cc: insight@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: make fails on ubuntu 11.04 VM,
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 04:18:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On 11/03/2011 08:53 PM, sandip gangakhedkar wrote:
> In my distro (ubuntu), Tk is located at /usr/share/tcltk/tk8.4 so I
> added this path to the env variable TK_LIBRARY, but the error
> persists. Can someone point out what I am doing wrong here?

For that version of Insight (6.8 -- *ancient*, but I have not done a
release since then), you will need to use the in-tree tcl/tk/itcl.

If you want to use your system's tcl & tk (which is what I use), you
must checkout the development sources from sourceware.org.

That error message is typical of conflicts arising when the build has
erroneously picked up tclConfig.sh from your system instead of the
in-tree version. I don't recall if that is a bug that has been fixed in
the (almost) three years since the 6.8 release.

Like I said, I use CVS HEAD gdb/insight with a patch (not committed) to
build on x86_64.

Keith