public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Re: make fails on ubuntu 11.04 VM,
       [not found] <CAEPsib3XCnbO1yK49NQDp1QFQJVYamgBR1nQL1vAL7+HGVMKfw@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2011-11-04  1:12 ` sandip gangakhedkar
From: sandip gangakhedkar @ 2011-11-04  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi,

I am on Ubuntu 11.04 guest, and trying to install insight, but the
make fails with the following error:

cc1: warnings being treated as errors
linux-nat.c: In function ‘linux_nat_info_proc_cmd’:
linux-nat.c:2879:10: error: ignoring return value of ‘fgets’, declared
with attribute warn_unused_result
make[2]: *** [linux-nat.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/sandipg/insight-6.8-1/gdb'
make[1]: *** [all-gdb] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sandipg/insight-6.8-1'
make: *** [all] Error 2
sandipg@sandipg-VirtualBox:~/insight-6.8-1$ make > makelog
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
linux-nat.c: In function ‘linux_nat_info_proc_cmd’:
linux-nat.c:2879:10: error: ignoring return value of ‘fgets’, declared
with attribute warn_unused_result
make[2]: *** [linux-nat.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-gdb] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Would appreciate any help to get this to work.

Thanks.

--
-Sandip-

* Re: make fails on ubuntu 11.04 VM,
@ 2011-11-04  1:37   ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2011-11-04  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sandip gangakhedkar; +Cc: insight

On 11/03/2011 06:11 PM, sandip gangakhedkar wrote:

> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> linux-nat.c: In function ‘linux_nat_info_proc_cmd’:
> linux-nat.c:2879:10: error: ignoring return value of ‘fgets’, declared
> with attribute warn_unused_result
> make[2]: *** [linux-nat.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/sandipg/insight-6.8-1/gdb'
> make[1]: *** [all-gdb] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sandipg/insight-6.8-1'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> sandipg@sandipg-VirtualBox:~/insight-6.8-1$ make>  makelog
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> linux-nat.c: In function ‘linux_nat_info_proc_cmd’:
> linux-nat.c:2879:10: error: ignoring return value of ‘fgets’, declared
> with attribute warn_unused_result
> make[2]: *** [linux-nat.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-gdb] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2

That's a gdb error. Normally, I would advise you to try the gdb mailing
list for better advice, but I suspect you may be attempting to build
something quite old...

For Insight, definitely grab CVS HEAD or git. If you *really* want a
release, try grabbing the latest gdb release and copying the gdb/gdbtk
and libgui folders inside it. But I suspect it will be much easier for
you to just grab the latest sources. FWIW, I use this daily for my own work.

Or you could pass "--disable-werror" to configure to suppress erroring
on warnings.

If you need to get your specific error fixed, try emailing the gdb@
mailing list.

Keith

* Re: make fails on ubuntu 11.04 VM,
@ 2011-11-04  2:47     ` sandip gangakhedkar
From: sandip gangakhedkar @ 2011-11-04  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith Seitz; +Cc: insight

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your quick reply. I am using the last stable version of
Insight - 6.8-1 and gdb v7.2 (fairly recent).

Maybe, I'll check if the folks at gdb have an answer..

Thanks again for your suggestions.

-Sandip

--
-Sandip-

* Re: make fails on ubuntu 11.04 VM,
@ 2011-11-04  3:54       ` sandip gangakhedkar
From: sandip gangakhedkar @ 2011-11-04  3:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith Seitz; +Cc: insight

Hi (again),

I got it to work after disabling warning-errors. Now when I try to
invoke Insight with gdb -w, I get the foll. error:

Tk_Init failed: Can't find a usable tk.tcl in the following directories:
    /usr/share/tcltk/tk8.4/ /usr/local/share/tk8.4
/usr/local/lib/tk8.4 /usr/lib/tk8.4 /usr/local/library /usr/library
/usr/tk8.4.1/library /tk8.4.1/library

/usr/share/tcltk/tk8.4/tk.tcl: no event type or button # or keysym
no event type or button # or keysym
    while executing
"bind Listbox <MouseWheel> {
        %W yview scroll [expr {- (%D / 120) * 4}] units
    }"

In my distro (ubuntu), Tk is located at /usr/share/tcltk/tk8.4 so I
added this path to the env variable TK_LIBRARY, but the error
persists. Can someone point out what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks,
Sandip

--
-Sandip-

* Re: make fails on ubuntu 11.04 VM,
@ 2011-11-04  4:18         ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2011-11-04  4:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sandip gangakhedkar; +Cc: insight

On 11/03/2011 08:53 PM, sandip gangakhedkar wrote:
> In my distro (ubuntu), Tk is located at /usr/share/tcltk/tk8.4 so I
> added this path to the env variable TK_LIBRARY, but the error
> persists. Can someone point out what I am doing wrong here?

For that version of Insight (6.8 -- *ancient*, but I have not done a
release since then), you will need to use the in-tree tcl/tk/itcl.

If you want to use your system's tcl & tk (which is what I use), you
must checkout the development sources from sourceware.org.

That error message is typical of conflicts arising when the build has
erroneously picked up tclConfig.sh from your system instead of the
in-tree version. I don't recall if that is a bug that has been fixed in
the (almost) three years since the 6.8 release.

Like I said, I use CVS HEAD gdb/insight with a patch (not committed) to
build on x86_64.

Keith

* Re: make fails on ubuntu 11.04 VM,
@ 2011-11-04 17:09           ` sandip gangakhedkar
From: sandip gangakhedkar @ 2011-11-04 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith Seitz; +Cc: insight

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Just to confirm that I'm doing it right this
time: I've downloaded the CVS head version -
insight-weekly-CVS-7.0.50-20091130.tar.bz2 from
ftp://sourceware.org/pub/insight/snapshots/current/. Is this is
working version? I see that there is no uninstall script for the
release version. What is the best way to completely remove the
installed version without creating any problems for the new
installation?

Also, should I file a bug for the release version?

-Sandip

--
-Sandip-

* Re: make fails on ubuntu 11.04 VM,
@ 2011-11-04 18:32             ` Keith Seitz
       [not found]               ` <4EB43706.8020509@redhat.com>
From: Keith Seitz @ 2011-11-04 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sandip gangakhedkar; +Cc: insight

On 11/04/2011 10:09 AM, sandip gangakhedkar wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. Just to confirm that I'm doing it right this
> time: I've downloaded the CVS head version -
> insight-weekly-CVS-7.0.50-20091130.tar.bz2 from
> ftp://sourceware.org/pub/insight/snapshots/current/. Is this is
> working version? I see that there is no uninstall script for the
> release version. What is the best way to completely remove the
> installed version without creating any problems for the new
> installation?

I would encourage you to checkout development sources, as described on
the Download page (scroll down to "CVS"):

CVS: Check out a read-only copy of the trunk of the GDB CVS repository:

     cvs -z9 -d :pserver:anoncvs@sourceware.org:/cvs/src login
     [enter "anoncvs" as the password]
     cvs -z9 -d :pserver:anoncvs@sourceware.org:/cvs/src co insight

This is what I use on a daily basis. GDB typically keeps the sources in
good shape, although we are just after a release, and big patches are
going in to work out the problems.

Nonetheless, you can always grab the 7.3 release of gdb and slap a
similar vintage src/gdb/gdbtk folder into the build.

I *really* should do another release. Maybe your problems will encourage
me to do so. [If I do, I'll let you know!]

Keith

* Re: make fails on ubuntu 11.04 VM,
       [not found]                   ` <4EBBFDB3.2010404@redhat.com>
@ 2011-11-10 19:55                     ` sandip gangakhedkar
From: sandip gangakhedkar @ 2011-11-10 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith Seitz; +Cc: insight

Hi again,

The build is failing on Ubuntu 11.04. Attached is the log for make.

I followed the instructions you sent earlier..

--
-Sandip-

[-- Attachment #2: makelog --]

sandipg@sandipg-VirtualBox:~/insight$ mkdir code
sandipg@sandipg-VirtualBox:~/insight$ cd code
sandipg@sandipg-VirtualBox:~/insight/code$ CFLAGS="-ggdb -O0" ../src/configure --prefix=/usr/src/
checking whether ln works... yes
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for gnatbind... no
checking for gnatmake... no
checking whether compiler driver understands Ada... no
checking how to compare bootstrapped objects... cmp --ignore-initial=16 $$f1 $$f2
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for PWL_handle_timeout in -lpwl... no
checking for version 0.11 (revision 0 or later) of PPL... no
checking for default BUILD_CONFIG...
checking for bison... no
checking for byacc... no
checking for yacc... no
checking for bison... no
checking for gm4... no
checking for gnum4... no
checking for m4... no
checking for flex... no
checking for lex... no
checking for flex... no
checking for makeinfo... no
checking for expect... no
checking for runtest... no
checking for ar... ar
checking for as... as
checking for dlltool... no
checking for ld... ld
checking for lipo... no
checking for nm... nm
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for strip... strip
checking for windres... no
checking for windmc... no
checking for objcopy... objcopy
checking for objdump... objdump
checking for readelf... readelf
checking for cc... cc
checking for c++... c++
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for gcj... no
checking for gfortran... no
checking for gccgo... no
checking for ar... ar
checking for as... as
checking for dlltool... no
checking for ld... ld
checking for lipo... no
checking for nm... nm
checking for objdump... objdump
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for readelf... readelf
checking for strip... strip
checking for windres... no
checking for windmc... no
checking where to find the target ar... host tool
checking where to find the target as... host tool
checking where to find the target cc... host tool
checking where to find the target c++... host tool
checking where to find the target c++ for libstdc++... host tool
checking where to find the target dlltool... host tool
checking where to find the target gcc... host tool
checking where to find the target gcj... host tool
checking where to find the target gfortran... host tool
checking where to find the target gccgo... host tool
checking where to find the target ld... host tool
checking where to find the target lipo... host tool
checking where to find the target nm... host tool
checking where to find the target objdump... host tool
checking where to find the target ranlib... host tool
checking where to find the target readelf... host tool
checking where to find the target strip... host tool
checking where to find the target windres... host tool
checking where to find the target windmc... host tool
checking whether -fkeep-inline-functions is supported... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
sandipg@sandipg-VirtualBox:~/insight/code$ make -j12
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/sandipg/insight/code'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all-target'.
mkdir -p -- ./intl
mkdir -p -- ./libiberty
mkdir -p -- ./libdecnumber
mkdir -p -- ./readline
Configuring in ./intl
Configuring in ./libiberty
mkdir -p -- ./tcl
mkdir -p -- ./etc
Configuring in ./libdecnumber
Configuring in ./readline
Configuring in ./tcl
Configuring in ./etc
configure: creating cache ./config.cache
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... configure: creating cache ./config.cache
configure: creating cache ./config.cache
configure: creating cache ./config.cache
checking for makeinfo... /home/sandipg/insight/src/missing makeinfo --split-size=5000000
configure: WARNING:
*** Makeinfo is missing. Info documentation will not be built.
checking for perl... perl
yes
checking whether NLS is requested... yes
configure: creating cache ./config.cache
checking for msgfmt... checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... checking build system type... checking build system type... /usr/bin/msgfmt
checking for gmsgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt
yes
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... gcc
checking for xgettext... configure: updating cache ./config.cache
/usr/bin/xgettext
configure: creating ./config.status
checking for msgmerge... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... /usr/bin/msgmerge
configure: creating cache ./config.cache
checking for C compiler default output file name... checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... gcc
i686-pc-linux-gnu

Beginning configuration for readline-6.2 for i686-pc-linux-gnu

checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-ar... ar
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-ranlib... ranlib
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... gcc
yes
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... gcc
checking build system type... checking for C compiler default output file name... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking for C compiler default output file name... checking host system type... a.out
checking for suffix of executables... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
yes
checking for suffix of executables... updating cache ./config.cache
config.status: creating Makefile
a.out
checking for suffix of executables... configure: creating ./config.status

checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler...
checking for suffix of object files... a.out
checking for suffix of executables...
checking for suffix of object files... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... o
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... make[2]: Entering directory `/home/sandipg/insight/code/etc'
for f in standards.info configure.info; do \
	  if test -f ../../src/etc/`echo $f | sed -e 's/.info$/.texi/'`; then \
	    if make "MAKEINFO=/home/sandipg/insight/src/missing makeinfo --split-size=5000000 --split-size=5000000" $f; then \
	      true; \
	    else \
	      exit 1; \
	    fi; \
	  fi; \
	done
yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g...
checking for suffix of object files... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... make[3]: Entering directory `/home/sandipg/insight/code/etc'
/home/sandipg/insight/src/missing makeinfo --split-size=5000000 --split-size=5000000 --no-split -I../../src/etc -o standards.info ../../src/etc/standards.texi
yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... config.status: creating Makefile
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... WARNING: `makeinfo' is missing on your system.  You should only need it if
         you modified a `.texi' or `.texinfo' file, or any other file
         indirectly affecting the aspect of the manual.  The spurious
         call might also be the consequence of using a buggy `make' (AIX,
         DU, IRIX).  You might want to install the `Texinfo' package or
         the `GNU make' package.  Grab either from any GNU archive site.
yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... configure: configuring in unix
make[3]: *** [standards.info] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/sandipg/insight/code/etc'
make[2]: *** [info] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/sandipg/insight/code/etc'
make[1]: *** [all-etc] Error 2
none needed
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-ranlib... ranlib
checking for aclocal... no
checking for autoconf... no
checking for autoheader... no
checking whether gcc supports -W... configure: running /bin/bash '../../../src/tcl/unix/configure' --prefix=/usr/src/  '--cache-file=./config.cache' '--with-system-zlib' '--prefix=/usr/src/' '--program-transform-name=s,y,y,' '--disable-option-checking' '--build=i686-pc-linux-gnu' '--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu' '--target=i686-pc-linux-gnu' '--srcdir=../../src/tcl' 'build_alias=i686-pc-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=i686-pc-linux-gnu' 'target_alias=i686-pc-linux-gnu' --cache-file=.././config.cache --srcdir=../../../src/tcl/unix
yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... none needed
yes
yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... checking whether gcc supports -Wall... checking build system type... none needed
checking how to run the C preprocessor... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... yes
checking whether gcc supports -Wwrite-strings... gcc -E
none needed
checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-ranlib... ranlib
checking for library containing strerror... yes
checking whether gcc supports -Wstrict-prototypes... checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /bin/grep
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking whether gcc supports -Wmissing-prototypes... 64
checking how to run the C preprocessor... none required
checking how to run the C preprocessor... yes
checking whether gcc supports -Wold-style-definition... gcc -E
gcc -E
yes
checking whether gcc supports -Wmissing-format-attribute... checking whether gcc supports -W... checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /bin/grep
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... configure: loading cache .././config.cache
yes
checking whether gcc supports -Wcast-qual... checking whether to use symlinks for manpages... no
checking compression for manpages... no
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... gcc
yes
checking whether gcc supports -Wall... yes
checking for sys/types.h... checking for C compiler default output file name... yes
checking whether gcc supports -pedantic -Wno-long-long... yes
checking whether gcc supports -Wwrite-strings... yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... a.out
yes
checking for suffix of executables... checking whether gcc supports -Wc++-compat... gcc -E
yes
yes
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... checking for stdlib.h... checking whether gcc supports -Wstrict-prototypes... /bin/grep
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for an ANSI C-conforming const...
checking for suffix of object files... yes
checking whether gcc supports -pedantic ... yes
yes
checking for inline... checking for string.h... yes
checking whether gcc and cc understand -c and -o together... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... inline
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
yes
checking for strings.h... checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
yes
checking for sys/stat.h... checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for inline... none needed
yes
checking for string.h... inline
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... checking how to run the C preprocessor... /bin/grep
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
yes
checking for stdint.h... checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for memory.h... gcc -E
yes
yes
checking for string.h... checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... checking for strings.h... yes
yes
checking for memory.h... checking minix/config.h usability... yes
yes
checking for sys/types.h... checking for inttypes.h... yes
yes
checking for sys/stat.h... checking for strings.h... no
checking minix/config.h presence... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
no
checking for minix/config.h... no
checking whether it is safe to define __EXTENSIONS__... checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
yes
checking whether gcc needs -traditional... checking for unistd.h... yes
yes
checking for sys/types.h... checking for strings.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... no
checking for ar... ar
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-ranlib... ranlib
checking for inttypes.h... yes
yes
checking for off_t... checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for function prototypes... yes
checking whether char is unsigned... yes
yes
yes
checking for sys/stat.h... checking for unistd.h... checking for unistd.h... yes
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking for working volatile... yes
yes
checking ctype.h usability... yes
checking return type of signal handlers... checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for size_t... void
checking for size_t... yes
checking ctype.h presence... no
yes
checking for ctype.h... yes
yes
checking for sys/file.h... checking stddef.h usability... checking for string.h... yes
checking for sys/param.h... yes
checking for working alloca.h... yes
yes
checking stddef.h presence... checking for limits.h... yes
checking for stddef.h... yes
yes
yes
yes
checking for ssize_t... checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for memory.h... checking stdio.h usability... checking for malloc.h... yes
yes
checking for alloca... checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for strings.h... (cached) yes
yes
checking stdio.h presence... checking for sys/time.h... yes
yes
checking for stdio.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
looking for a compliant stdint.h in stdint.h, checking for uintmax_t... yes
checking for time.h... checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
yes
checking for getpagesize... yes
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking whether stat file-mode macros are broken... checking for sys/resource.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... (cached) yes
no
yes
checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... checking for sys/mman.h... yes
checking for uintptr_t... checking for inttypes.h... yes
yes
checking for working mmap... checking for fcntl.h... yes
checking for library containing opendir... yes
checking for alloca.h... yes
yes
yes
checking for int_least32_t... checking for sys/pstat.h... checking for stdint.h... no
none required
checking for sys/sysmp.h... checking for fcntl... yes
checking whether we are using the GNU C Library 2.1 or newer... no
yes
checking whether integer division by zero raises SIGFPE... checking for sys/sysinfo.h... yes
checking for int_fast32_t... yes
yes
checking for machine/hal_sysinfo.h... checking for unistd.h... yes
no
checking for kill... checking for sys/table.h... no
yes
yes
checking for uint64_t... checking for inttypes.h... checking for sys/sysctl.h... yes
yes
checking for sys/systemcfg.h... yes
yes
checking for stdint.h... checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for lstat... checking limits.h usability... no
checking for stdint.h... (cached) yes
yes
checking for stdio_ext.h... yes
checking what to include in gstdint.h... checking for unsigned long long... stdint.h (already complete)
checking for process.h... yes
checking for off_t... yes
no
yes
checking limits.h presence... checking for memmove... checking for sys/prctl.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
yes
checking for limits.h... checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible... yes
checking for building with threads... no (default)
checking if the compiler understands -pipe... yes
checking whether the inttypes.h PRIxNN macros are broken... yes
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
yes
checking for required early compiler flags... checking for putenv... no
checking for ld used by GCC... ld
checking if the linker (ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking size of int... yes
checking for shared library run path origin... yes
checking whether errno must be declared... done
checking argz.h usability... no
checking size of int... yes
checking for select... 4
checking size of long... yes
checking argz.h presence... yes
checking for argz.h... yes
checking limits.h usability...  _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
checking for 64-bit integer type... yes
4
checking for a 64-bit type... checking for setenv... yes
checking limits.h presence... uint64_t
checking for intptr_t... 4
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
yes
checking for limits.h... yes
checking locale.h usability... checking build system type... yes
checking for setlocale... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... long long
checking for struct dirent64... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking target system type... yes
checking locale.h presence... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking for decimal floating point... bid
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... yes
checking for locale.h... yes
yes
checking nl_types.h usability... no
checking for struct stat64... checking for strcasecmp... yes
checking for uintptr_t... yes
checking for off64_t... yes
checking nl_types.h presence... yes
checking for nl_types.h... yes
yes
checking malloc.h usability... no
checking for strpbrk... yes
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... configure: updating cache ./config.cache
configure: creating ./config.status
yes
checking for ssize_t... yes
checking malloc.h presence... yes
checking for malloc.h... yes
yes
checking stddef.h usability... checking for tcgetattr... no
checking for getcwd... yes
checking stddef.h presence... yes
checking for stddef.h... yes
yes
checking for vsnprintf... checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
yes
checking for pid_t... checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking sys/param.h usability... config.status: creating Makefile
yes
checking for opendir... config.status: creating config.h
config.status: executing gstdint.h commands
yes
checking for isascii... yes
checking sys/param.h presence... yes
checking for sys/param.h... yes
checking for feof_unlocked... yes
yes
checking for strstr... checking for library containing strerror... yes
checking for isxdigit... yes
checking for fgets_unlocked... none required
checking for asprintf... yes
checking for strtol... yes
checking for getpwent... yes
checking for getc_unlocked... yes
checking for atexit... yes
yes
checking for getpwnam... checking for strtoll... yes
checking for getcwd... yes
checking for basename... yes
checking for getpwuid... yes
yes
checking for strtoull... checking for getegid... yes
checking for bcmp... yes
checking for working strcoll... yes
checking for geteuid... yes
yes
checking for tmpnam... checking for bcopy... yes
yes
checking for getgid... checking fcntl.h usability... yes
yes
checking for bsearch... checking for waitpid... yes
yes
checking fcntl.h presence... checking for getuid... yes
checking for fcntl.h... yes
yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for bzero... yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for strerror... checking varargs.h usability... yes
checking for mempcpy... yes
no
checking varargs.h presence... checking for calloc... yes
checking for getwd... no
checking for varargs.h... no
checking stdarg.h usability... yes
checking for munmap... yes
yes
checking for wait3... yes
checking stdarg.h presence... checking for clock... yes
checking for stdarg.h... yes
checking for string.h... (cached) yes
yes
checking for strings.h... (cached) yes
checking for putenv... checking limits.h usability... yes
yes
checking for uname... checking for ffs... yes
checking limits.h presence... yes
checking for setenv... yes
checking for limits.h... yes
checking locale.h usability... yes
yes
checking for realpath... checking for getcwd... yes
yes
checking locale.h presence... checking for setlocale... yes
checking for locale.h... yes
checking pwd.h usability... yes
yes
checking dirent.h... checking for getpagesize... yes
checking for stpcpy... yes
checking pwd.h presence... yes
yes
checking for pwd.h... yes
checking for gettimeofday... checking for memory.h... (cached) yes
yes
checking errno.h usability... checking termcap.h usability... yes
checking for strcasecmp... yes
yes
checking errno.h presence... yes
checking termcap.h presence... checking for index... yes
checking for termcap.h... yes
yes
checking for errno.h... yes
checking float.h usability... checking termios.h usability... yes
yes
checking for strdup... checking for insque... yes
checking float.h presence... yes
checking termios.h presence... yes
checking for termios.h... yes
yes
checking for float.h... yes
checking values.h usability... checking termio.h usability... yes
yes
checking for strtoul... checking for memchr... yes
checking termio.h presence... yes
checking for termio.h... yes
yes
checking values.h presence... checking sys/pte.h usability... yes
yes
checking for values.h... yes
checking for limits.h... (cached) yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
yes
checking for tsearch... checking for memcmp... no
checking sys/pte.h presence... no
checking for sys/pte.h... no
checking sys/stream.h usability... yes
checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking for __argz_count... yes
checking for memcpy... no
checking sys/stream.h presence... checking sys/wait.h usability... no
checking for sys/stream.h... no
checking sys/select.h usability... yes
checking for __argz_stringify... yes
checking for memmem... yes
checking sys/select.h presence... yes
checking sys/wait.h presence... yes
checking for sys/select.h... yes
checking sys/file.h usability... yes
yes
checking for sys/wait.h... yes
checking dlfcn.h usability... yes
checking for __argz_next... checking for memmove... yes
checking sys/file.h presence... yes
yes
checking for sys/file.h... yes
yes
checking dlfcn.h presence... checking for sys/ptem.h... checking for __fsetlocking... yes
checking for mempcpy... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) no
checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... yes
checking sys/param.h usability... yes
checking for iconv... yes
64
checking for type of signal functions... checking for memset... yes
checking sys/param.h presence... yes
checking for sys/param.h... yes
yes
checking for iconv declaration... checking sys/modem.h usability... posix
checking if signal handlers must be reinstalled when invoked... yes
install-shextern size_t iconv (iconv_t cd, char * *inbuf, size_t *inbytesleft, char * *outbuf, size_t *outbytesleft);
checking for nl_langinfo and CODESET... checking for mkstemps... no
checking sys/modem.h presence... no
checking for sys/modem.h... yes
no
no
checking for presence of POSIX-style sigsetjmp/siglongjmp... yes
checking for LC_MESSAGES... checking termios vs. termio vs. sgtty... checking for putenv... yes
checking for bison... no
checking whether NLS is requested... yes
checking whether included gettext is requested... no
checking for GNU gettext in libc... yes
checking for random... present
checking for lstat... yes
checking whether to use NLS... yes
checking where the gettext function comes from... libc
checking for aclocal... no
checking for autoconf... no
checking for autoheader... no
yes
yes
checking whether or not strcoll and strcmp differ... checking for rename... configure: updating cache ./config.cache
configure: creating ./config.status
yes
checking for rindex... no
checking whether the ctype macros accept non-ascii characters... termios
checking for fd_set in sys/types... yes
yes
checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... no
checking whether getpw functions are declared in pwd.h... checking for setenv... yes
checking whether termios.h defines TIOCGWINSZ... config.status: creating Makefile
time.h
no
checking whether sys/ioctl.h defines TIOCGWINSZ... checking sys/time.h usability... config.status: creating config.intl
yes
yes
checking for sig_atomic_t in signal.h... config.status: creating config.h
checking for snprintf... config.status: executing default-1 commands
yes
checking sys/time.h presence... yes
checking whether signal handlers are of type void... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
yes
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... checking for sigsetmask... yes
checking for TIOCSTAT in sys/ioctl.h... yes
checking for struct tm.tm_zone... no
checking for FIONREAD in sys/ioctl.h... yes
checking for stpcpy... yes
checking for speed_t in sys/types.h... yes
checking for gmtime_r... no
checking for struct winsize in sys/ioctl.h and termios.h... yes
checking for stpncpy... sys/ioctl.h
checking for struct dirent.d_ino... yes
checking for localtime_r... yes
yes
checking for struct dirent.d_fileno... checking for strcasecmp... yes
checking for tgetent... yes
yes
checking tm_tzadj in struct tm... checking for strchr... no
checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... no
checking tm_gmtoff in struct tm... yes
checking for strdup... yes
checking which library has the termcap functions... using libtermcap
checking wctype.h usability... yes
checking long timezone variable... yes
yes
checking wctype.h presence... yes
checking for struct stat.st_blksize... checking for strncasecmp... yes
checking for wctype.h... yes
checking wchar.h usability... yes
checking wchar.h presence... yes
yes
checking for fstatfs... checking for strndup... yes
checking for wchar.h... yes
checking langinfo.h usability... yes
checking langinfo.h presence... yes
checking for working memcmp... yes
yes
checking for langinfo.h... yes
checking for strrchr... checking for mbrlen... yes
checking for mbscasecmp... yes
yes
checking for memmove... checking for strstr... no
checking for mbscmp... yes
yes
checking proper strstr implementation... checking for strtod... no
checking for mbsnrtowcs... yes
yes
checking for strtoul... checking for strtol... yes
checking for mbsrtowcs... yes
yes
checking for strtoul... yes
checking for mbschr... yes
checking for strtod... checking for strverscmp... no
checking for wcrtomb... yes
yes
checking for tmpnam... yes
checking for wcscoll... checking for strtod... (cached) yes
checking for Solaris2.4/Tru64 strtod bugs... yes
yes
checking for wcsdup... checking for vasprintf... ok
checking for mode_t... yes
checking for wcwidth... yes
checking for vfprintf... yes
checking for wctype... yes
checking for pid_t... yes
checking for vprintf... yes
checking for wcswidth... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking for vsnprintf... yes
checking whether mbrtowc and mbstate_t are properly declared... yes
checking for uid_t in sys/types.h... yes
yes
checking for socklen_t... checking for vsprintf... yes
checking for iswlower... yes
checking for opendir... (cached) yes
checking union wait... yes
checking for waitpid... yes
checking for iswupper... yes
checking for strncasecmp... yes
checking for setproctitle... yes
checking for towlower... yes
checking for BSDgettimeofday... no
checking whether alloca needs Cray hooks... yes
no
checking stack direction for C alloca... checking for towupper... no
checking for gettimeofday... -1
checking for vfork.h... yes
checking for iswctype... no
checking for fork... yes
checking for gettimeofday declaration... present
checking whether char is unsigned... yes
checking for nl_langinfo and CODESET... yes
checking for vfork... no
checking signed char declarations... yes
checking for wchar_t in wchar.h... yes
checking for working fork... yes
checking for a putenv() that copies the buffer... yes
checking for wctype_t in wctype.h... yes
checking for wint_t in wctype.h... yes
checking for working vfork... (cached) yes
checking for _doprnt... no
checking langinfo.h usability... yes
checking configuration for building shared libraries... supported
configure: updating cache ./config.cache
yes
checking langinfo.h presence... no
checking for sys_errlist... configure: creating ./config.status
yes
checking for langinfo.h... yes
checking whether to use nl_langinfo... yes
checking for sys_nerr... yes
checking for sin... yes
checking for sys_siglist... no
checking for main in -lieee... config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating doc/Makefile
yes
checking for external symbol _system_configuration... yes
checking for main in -linet... config.status: creating examples/Makefile
no
checking for __fsetlocking... config.status: creating shlib/Makefile
no
checking net/errno.h usability... config.status: creating config.h
yes
config.status: executing default commands
checking for canonicalize_file_name... no
checking net/errno.h presence... no
checking for net/errno.h... no
checking for connect... yes
checking for dup3... yes
checking for gethostbyname... yes
checking for getrlimit... yes
yes
checking how to build libraries... static
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-ranlib... ranlib
checking if 64bit support is requested... no
checking if 64bit Sparc VIS support is requested... no
checking system version (for dynamic loading)... checking for getrusage... Linux-2.6.38-8-generic
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking for getsysinfo... yes
checking for ar... ar
checking for build with symbols... no
checking sys/ioctl.h usability... no
checking for gettimeofday... (cached) yes
checking for on_exit... yes
checking sys/ioctl.h presence... yes
checking for sys/ioctl.h... yes
yes
checking for psignal... checking sys/filio.h usability... yes
no
checking sys/filio.h presence... checking for pstat_getdynamic... no
checking for sys/filio.h... no
checking FIONBIO vs. O_NONBLOCK for nonblocking I/O... O_NONBLOCK
checking how to package libraries... standard shared library
updating cache .././config.cache
no
checking for pstat_getstatic... configure: creating ./config.status
no
checking for realpath... yes
checking for setrlimit... yes
checking for sbrk... config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating dltest/Makefile
yes
config.status: creating tclConfig.sh
checking for spawnve... no
checking for spawnvpe... no
checking for strerror... yes
checking for strsignal... yes
checking for sysconf... yes
checking for sysctl... yes
checking for sysmp... no
checking for table... no
checking for times... yes
checking for wait3... yes
checking for wait4... yes
checking whether basename is declared... no
checking whether ffs is declared... yes
checking whether asprintf is declared... no
checking whether vasprintf is declared... no
checking whether snprintf is declared... yes
checking whether vsnprintf is declared... yes
checking whether calloc is declared... yes
checking whether getenv is declared... yes
checking whether getopt is declared... yes
checking whether malloc is declared... yes
checking whether realloc is declared... yes
checking whether sbrk is declared... yes
checking whether strverscmp is declared... no
checking whether canonicalize_file_name must be declared... yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for getpagesize... (cached) yes
checking for working mmap... yes
checking for working strncmp... yes
configure: updating cache ./config.cache
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating testsuite/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: executing default commands
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sandipg/insight/code'
make: *** [all] Error 2

* Re: make fails on ubuntu 11.04 VM,
@ 2011-11-10 20:06                       ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2011-11-10 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sandip gangakhedkar; +Cc: insight

On 11/10/2011 11:54 AM, sandip gangakhedkar wrote:
> The build is failing on Ubuntu 11.04. Attached is the log for make.

I looked at your log. It is "failing" in etc/ because makeinfo is
missing. It looks like etc/ is requiring this, even though it probably
shouldn't. I would recommend you install the appropriate package (that's
in the "texinfo" package for Fedora-based machines).

You can, however, by-pass etc/ and other "superfluous" stuff by doing
"make all-gdb install-gdb" instead of simply "make all install".

Honestly, I *will* do a 7.4-based release in a few weeks!

Keith