public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
From: Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com>
To: Bahadir Balban <bbalban@b-labs.com>
Cc: insight@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: Next Release Status
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 17:41:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On 12/18/2011 10:37 AM, Bahadir Balban wrote:
> I built and installed the latest CVS (insight version 7.4-cvs). However
> when I load an executable and step, the execution moves forward, but the
> source screen does not update; it's in the very first state (with the
> green bar stuck at the first line of source). Anyone experienced this
> behavior?

I just built CVS HEAD to do some testing and build-fixing. I am not
seeing this.

If you open a console window and enter, "tk gdb_loc" after you step your
inferior, what does it say? This is essentially the function that the
GUI uses to update its location information from the inferior's state.

You can also open a debug window to see any warning/errors by entering
"tk ManagedWin::open DebugWin". As you step through your inferior, it
will update with any messages. [Alternative, set GDBTK_DEBUG=1 in your
environment before running insight. That will output the debug messages
to the file "insight.log".]

> Is there a known stable cvs branch? (I could not locate the git repo).

CVS HEAD is all there is. Insight is unfortunately not in GIT yet.

Keith