public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* SL6 build procedure?
@ 2012-02-02 16:06 Richard Tierney
From: Richard Tierney @ 2012-02-02 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Insight List

Has anyone got a working build procedure for SL/RH6 x86_64?

I've downloaded 6.8-1, installed texinfo, libX11-devel, and
ncurses-devel, and configured with --disable-werror, to avoid a warning
which is treated as an error on gcc 4.4.4. This is enough to get the
code to compile, but it immediately segfaults when it's run.

Thanks.

* Re: SL6 build procedure?
@ 2012-02-02 18:56 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2012-02-02 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rt-insight; +Cc: Insight List

On 02/02/2012 08:06 AM, Richard Tierney wrote:
> Has anyone got a working build procedure for SL/RH6 x86_64?

I use Fedora 15 x86_64 daily.

> I've downloaded 6.8-1,

That's a big problem. That release is many years old. Try checking out
the sources from CVS. If you want something that will be *very* close to
the next release, use:

$ cvs co -r gdb_7_4-branch gdb
$ cd src
$ cvs update -d -r HEAD tcl tk itcl libgui gdb/gdbtk

Alternatively, just checkout CVS HEAD (cvs co insight). Login procedures
for anonymous CVS are on the web site.

You should then be able to build as normal. I just tried this on my
x86_64 Fedora box, and the only problem I found was that running insight
from the build directory doesn't work. You have to install it.

That's probably not a problem for anyone but me.

Keith

PS. You can use system-supplied tcl, tk, itcl, and iwidgets instead of
grabbing them from the repository. [So you only need to add libgui and
gdb/gdbtk to a clean checkout of gdb.] To do that, you will need a patch
from me. Contact me off-list for it.

* Re: SL6 build procedure?
@ 2012-02-02 21:19   ` Richard Tierney
From: Richard Tierney @ 2012-02-02 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith Seitz, Insight List

On 02/02/2012 18:55, Keith Seitz wrote:

> $ cvs co -r gdb_7_4-branch gdb
> $ cd src
> $ cvs update -d -r HEAD tcl tk itcl libgui gdb/gdbtk

Great - built and run without problems. Thanks.