Hi... In Insight one can change most colors beside of one. In the local variables window the changed vars are colored in (yet hardcoded) 100%green. If you have a pure white background it is sometimes hard to read as it is IMHO a little too bright and too anyoing. The attached patch fixes this. It now uses the same color as PC color from global preferences. I adjusted the "PC" color label in source prefs to "PC/Changed vars". Also I changed the default color for this field to brightest green to a somewhat darker green. Changelog: 2012-03-22 Roland Schwingel * library/locals.tcl (constructor): Take default for change color from PC_TAG prefs. (reconfig): New method for getting prefs updates. * library/srcpref.itb (_build_win): Change text of PC color chooser. * library/prefs.tcl (pref_set_defaults): Change default of PC_TAG color to a somewhat darker green. Remove hardwired color value for changed variables. * library/vartree.itb (update_var): use changed field color from global colors list. (_init_data): Remove local copy of changed vars color. Any comments? Is this ok? Roland