public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Insight questions
@ 2012-10-16  7:54 Алёна Никифорова
From: Алёна Никифорова @ 2012-10-16  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hello!

I read about the product Insight GDB on
http://sources.redhat.com/insight/aboutus.php, looked up all FAQs, but
still have a question.
There is an issue that I connected the board to be debugged to COM3 on
my computer and try to launch "run" in Insight GDB, but it doesn't
recognize COM3 and says that the file "COM3" was not found or that a
malformed answer got.
The reason why I'm sure that it is exactly COM3 is that I can connect to
the board via Terminal ("PUTTY") with parameters COM3 and 115200 baudrate.

Thanks in advance, I would really appreciate any help.

--
Regards,
Nikiforova Alyona

PLANAR, LLC
www.planar.chel.ru

* Re: Insight questions
@ 2012-10-16 13:56 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2012-10-16 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Алёна
	Никифорова
  Cc: insight

On 10/16/2012 12:54 AM, Алёна Никифорова wrote:
> There is an issue that I connected the board to be debugged to COM3 on
> my computer and try to launch "run" in Insight GDB, but it doesn't
> recognize COM3 and says that the file "COM3" was not found or that a
> malformed answer got.

You need to use the target settings dialog to configure what happens
when you press the run button. See
http://sourceware.org/insight/help/target.html . [This is a copy of the
built-in help page.]

Keith