public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* GUI configuration changes (How to?)
@ 2012-12-21 23:54 Gene Smith
From: Gene Smith @ 2012-12-21 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

I use insight all the time for debugging an embedded system.
Unfortunately, some of the source file names are now so long that they
don't fit in the box in the top upper left of the main window. Is there
a way to make that box wide enough so accommodate the longest file name
automatically? (This would require that the middle box containing
function names to automatically become smaller, however, I never use
this box anyhow.)

If there is no way to make the boxes automatically adapt, is there a way
to just make file name box some wider and the function name box
narrower? That would be OK too. Rebuilding the code is not a problem.
But I have no clue where in the code (tk/tcl?) this is determined

I can scroll the file name box content (only when dropped down) but it
is somewhat awkward and it forces you to always select something. There
is also a function browser window that does allow you to see a wider
view of the filename list, but I don't see a way for the selected file
there to instantly appear in the main window, only in its own file
viewer window.

Thanks,
-gene