public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
From: Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com>
To: Lisa McIlrath <lmcilrath@r3logic.com>
Cc: insight@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: updated gdb source
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 04:14:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On 08/20/2013 09:01 PM, Lisa McIlrath wrote:
> Is there any way to get an updated source version with fresh gdb code
> that will build?

Two options here -- one available now, one in the coming weeks:

1) (available now) Use CVS/GIT head. This is what I use. I build every
other week or so. In a similar vein, grab the sources for a release and
the insight sources from the same time. I believe Kevin Buettner tagged
insight for the last gdb release, so you can probably just checkout the
"insight" module on the last release branch.

2) (available soon) Checkout the insight GIT repository and add gdb as a
remote git repository. Sourecware overseers just set this up for me, but
I'm on vacation for most of the week so I won't get to checking in
initial branches and testing until next week at the earliest.

Keith