public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
From: Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com>
To: Jorge Calderon <jcald1@gmail.com>
Cc: insight@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: Bug
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 18:47:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On 10/25/2013 10:40 PM, Jorge Calderon wrote:

> I'm unable to reach the bug reporting database (500 error):

I'll look into it, thanks.

> I getting the following error while running make on version 6.8a using Fedora:
>
> clang -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -ggdb3 -O0 -std=c99 -Wall -Werror -I.
> -I../../insight-6.8/libiberty/../include  -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings
> -Wc++-compat -Wstrict-prototypes -pedantic
> ../../insight-6.8/libiberty/regex.c -o regex.o
> ../../insight-6.8/libiberty/regex.c:130:7: error: incompatible redeclaration of
>        library function 'malloc' [-Werror,-Wincompatible-library-redeclaration]
> char *malloc ();

6.8? That's like eight years old... I *really* recommend trying
something newer, like 7.5 or 7.6. You will, however, have to build it
yourself, and that just got complicated. Actually, *really* complicated.

GDB has moved to GIT and is no longer maintaining the CVS repository. I
am in the process of moving Insight to GIT, too, but I am not ready with it.

In the meantime, you can still grab GDB from either CVS or GIT and
insight from CVS (src/gdb/gdbtk and src/libgui are all that is needed).
I've given detailed instructions on how to patch and build insight here:

https://sourceware.org/ml/insight/2013-q3/msg00018.html

If you run into any problems, send a note to the mailing list, and I
will help you get through it. Heck, if you want a working tarball or
something, I can probably post a snapshot to the FTP site. Just let me know.

Keith