public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
From: Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com>
To: Andrew Cagney <ac131313@redhat.com>
Cc: jwilliams@itee.uq.edu.au,
	"insight@sources.redhat.com" <insight@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: Re: duplicated source file names
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 18:46:00 -0000	[thread overview]

>>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew Cagney <ac131313@redhat.com> writes:

Andrew> With out any other evidence, I'd assume this is fixed in a more recent
Andrew> set of developer tools (debugger, binutils, compiler, ...).  Perhaps
Andrew> look in GDB's bug database - http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/.

There was a discussion of this problem on the gdb list sometime last
year (or maybe earlier).  As I recall we ended up with a patch where,
if you specify the full path to a file, gdb will normalize it
internally and not be confused.

I don't know how this applies to insight, exactly.  I suppose from the
console you can type the name unambiguously.  And I doubt this change
is in 5.0.

Tom