public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Sending patches upstream
@ 2023-01-21 20:55 Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2023-01-21 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi.  I was looking through the Insight repo today and I think a couple
patches could go upstream:

* 003-tclconfig.patch
* 004-tcltkplatform.patch
* 007-gdbtk-obj-in-subdir.patch

As long as some gdbtk build stuff lives in upstream gdb, it should
probably just be directly patched there.

I'd somewhat prefer a variant that makes SUBDIR_GDBTK_OBS be computed
like the other _OBS variables, e.g.:

    SUBDIR_CLI_OBS = $(patsubst %.c,%.o,$(SUBDIR_CLI_SRCS))

However it might also make sense to just remove all the Tcl and gdbtk
configure and build code upstream, to be added back and maintained in
Insight...

* 009-windows-stop.patch

I think this can just go in with a suitable commit message.
It seems like a clear oversight.  I don't particularly understand why
gdb needs both 'stop' and 'interrupt' methods, though.

thanks,
Tom

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-01-21 20:55 UTC | newest]