public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
From: robin.mitra@exgate.tek.com
To: insight@sourceware.cygnus.com
Cc: gdb@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: RE: insight+dejagnu-20010225 internal error 206
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 06:48:00 -0000	[thread overview]

I looked a bit further and now it says:

<screencapture>

$ powerpc-eabi-gdb -nw rominit.elf
GNU gdb 20010225
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-cygwin
--target=powerpc-eabi".../src/gdb/insight+dejagnu-20010225/gdb/partial
-stab.h:206: gdb-internal-error: sect_index_text not initialized

An internal GDB error was detected.  This may make further
debugging unreliable.  Continue this debugging session? (y or n)

<\screencapture>

OK, this seems to gdb related, so I'll post it there also.

After looking into gdb/partial-stab.h it seems as if a debug symbol is being
evaluated before getting the text section.
Has this happend before, could it be some obscure CR/LF issue again?

Any ideas?

Robin