public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Re: cannot see source in source window when compile as mips
       [not found] ` <AANLkTi=tNf5O3Z7oSJRrCc5dsKBWJ4x=96-TNvSSehKZ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2011-01-08 15:40   ` loody
From: loody @ 2011-01-08 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

hi:

2011/1/8 loody <miloody@gmail.com>:
> Dear all:
> I download insight6.8.1 and compile it for suitable debugging mips program.
> But I cannot see the source in source window as the attach pic.
> have anyone met the same problem before?
> BTW, if I try to compile insight6.8.1 with gdb7.2, only I need to do
> is change gdb folder with the new one?
I change gdb with gdb7.2 and can successfully compile it.
But I cannot find insight binary in my prefix/bin folder.

it seems it is not enough just replace old gdb folder with the new one.
Should I have to config something, right.
BR,
miloody

* Re: cannot see source in source window when compile as mips
@ 2011-01-08 15:54     ` Michael Trensch
From: Michael Trensch @ 2011-01-08 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: loody; +Cc: insight

On 08.01.2011 16:40, loody wrote:
> hi:
>
> 2011/1/8 loody <miloody@gmail.com>:
>> Dear all:
>> I download insight6.8.1 and compile it for suitable debugging mips program.
>> But I cannot see the source in source window as the attach pic.
>> have anyone met the same problem before?
>> BTW, if I try to compile insight6.8.1 with gdb7.2, only I need to do
>> is change gdb folder with the new one?
> I change gdb with gdb7.2 and can successfully compile it.
> But I cannot find insight binary in my prefix/bin folder.
>
> it seems it is not enough just replace old gdb folder with the new one.
> Should I have to config something, right.
> BR,
> miloody
I don't know what you will need to change in the source tree.

But the latest cvs should contain GDB 7.2. I am successfully using
insight cvs (2010/12/11) with GCC 4.5.2 (which needs the gdb 7.2) on a
ARM9 platform.

Probably you should give this a try.

Regards,
Michael

* Re: cannot see source in source window when compile as mips
@ 2011-01-09 16:08       ` loody
From: loody @ 2011-01-09 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Trensch; +Cc: insight

hi:

2011/1/8 Michael Trensch <mtrensch@googlemail.com>:
> On 08.01.2011 16:40, loody wrote:
>> hi:
>>
>> 2011/1/8 loody <miloody@gmail.com>:
>>> Dear all:
>>> I download insight6.8.1 and compile it for suitable debugging mips program.
>>> But I cannot see the source in source window as the attach pic.
>>> have anyone met the same problem before?
>>> BTW, if I try to compile insight6.8.1 with gdb7.2, only I need to do
>>> is change gdb folder with the new one?
>> I change gdb with gdb7.2 and can successfully compile it.
>> But I cannot find insight binary in my prefix/bin folder.
>>
>> it seems it is not enough just replace old gdb folder with the new one.
>> Should I have to config something, right.
>> BR,
>> miloody
> I don't know what you will need to change in the source tree.
>
> But the latest cvs should contain GDB 7.2. I am successfully using
> insight cvs (2010/12/11) with GCC 4.5.2 (which needs the gdb 7.2) on a
> ARM9 platform.
>
> Probably you should give this a try.
Your suggestion did save ma a lot of time :)
In the beginning, I saw the the latest version of Insight in snapshop
ftp site is 20091130 and GDB7.2 is released at 2010 July.
So I give a try to combine insight with GDB7.2.
after watching your suggestion, I check out the latest one on CVS and
it works now.

Why snaptshot don't have the latest one?
BTW, when type 'n' in console, the gdb only increase one assembly
instruction, which act as 'si'.
My platform is mips.
Have anybody got the same experience as me?
appreciate your kind help,
miloody