public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Re: Is the project still alive ?
@ 2014-06-25  5:44 Roland Schwingel
From: Roland Schwingel @ 2014-06-25  5:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi...

I am using insight daily on windows (with tcl/tk 8.6 and still itcl/itk
3.3) in a mingw-build (so native GUI). It runs quite well.

I am very sad about the stall of insight. I would find a big
disadvantage if it would go away completely.

I hope a solution can be found for this. If the official end of the
project would be announced the interfaces in gdb itself to allow insight
to connect to gdb would be removed quite soon - I believe. Making it
impossible for people like me to build insight against current gdb sources.

Insight must not die!

Just my $0,02.

Roland

* Is the project still alive ?
@ 2014-06-24 11:28 Patrick Monnerat
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Patrick Monnerat @ 2014-06-24 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

The question is motivated by:

- No stable release for 5 years.
- Sources not yet migrated to git: repository exists but is empty.
- Bundles are frozen.
- No commit for 5 month.
- Does not work with itcl/itk 4.
- VERY low mailing list activity.

As Fedora packager, I have more and more bug requests about this
product, mainly about things that have not evolved enough for the future
F21 release.

Although no alternate gdb GUI is satisfactory, i think seriously of
"end-of-life'ing" this package in Fedora :-((

Some news would be welcomed.
Thanks
Patrick