public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
From: Moses DeJong <dejong@cs.umn.edu>
To: insight@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: Info about an insight core dump.
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 20:18:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Sun, 22 Aug 1999, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> Moses DeJong wrote:
> >
> > Hi all.
> >
> > I have been getting some core dumps from insight and I thought
> > I would post what I have found so far in the hope that other
> > folks might find it useful.

Oh, sorry about that. I was running on a RedHat 5.2 on Intel system
with Linux kernel 2.2.9 and glibc 2.0. I have not been able to
come up with example code that generates this error, as the
program I was debugging is rather complex. I was getting
the error while debugging tclsh with itcl loaded, and a Tcl
interp stuck in a while {1} loop, but it does not happen
every time. I do not get this crash in regular gdb but I
do not have a good test case so that might not be saying much.

later
mo