public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
From: Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com>
To: Charles-Henri Balet <charles-henri@bluewin.ch>
Cc: <insight@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: Re: GDB error for angel on ARM oki board
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 14:22:00 -0000	[thread overview]

See my previous response on this thread. We need to ascertain whether this
is a backend problem or a gui problem.

Once we know that, we should be able to find out what is wrong.

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Charles-Henri Balet wrote:

> I have compiled the GDB 5.1.1 and place the command : "target rdi com1", no
> effect, when I press the
> reset switch on the oki board an error message appear : "Unexpected read on
> channel 4, length 192"

Are you setting the baudrate? (set remotebaud XXXX) If you are using
either the command line or the console window to attach, you MUST set this
before attempting to attach.

> this message appear on each press on the reset switch, any has an idea ?

Doesn't ring any bells.

> Another question, how can I find the "DEBUG" define in the GDB source code
> for see more message on
> the run of this arm-elf-gdb, I have see on the source code of the rdi
> process that if DEBUG is defined, few
> message appear for follow the problem, can you give me the source file where
> this DEBUG is defined !

Probably add "-DDEBUG" to CFLAGS in rdi-share directory?

Keith