public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
From: Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com>
To: Delarue Christophe <cdelarue@e-generis.com>
Cc: insight@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: menu
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 09:36:00 -0000	[thread overview]

[Aside: Odd... I checked out 5.2(.1) from the repository and built on
linux. It ran just fine for some reason. I would not expect this given the
error you reported.]

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Delarue Christophe wrote:

> I tried in the <prefix>/share/insight1.0/srcwin.itb but it does not work.  I
> tried thus to regenerate every thing from scratch. I discover some configure pb
> :
>

>  checking for executable suffix... (cached) no
> checking for Tcl configuration... (cached) found /home/export/insight-5.2.1/tcl/unix/tclConfig.sh
> checking for existence of /home/export/insight-5.2.1/tcl/unix/tclConfig.sh... file not found
> checking for Tcl private include files... Using srcdir found in tclConfig.sh:
> checking for building with threads... no (default)
> checking how to build libraries... static
> checking for build with symbols... no
> configure: error: The TCL_LIB_SUFFIX variable is not defined
> configure: error: ./configure failed for itcl
> Configure in /net/rnbl041/home/export/insight-5.2.1/itcl failed, exiting.

There is definitely something very goofy going on here. Configure says
that it found /home/export/insight-5.2.1/tcl/unix/tclConfig.sh, but then
says "file not found".

Does this file exist in your build directory?

This is really goofy. I would not expect Solaris to differ from linux at
all wrt building insight...

(Your insight.log shows insight starting and exiting. What's the problem?
Out of curiosity, have you tried removing your .gdbtkinit?)

Keith