public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
From: Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com>
To: blakjak <blakjak@singnet.com.sg>
Cc: insight@sources.redhat.com
Subject: RE: Compilation of 5.3 on cygwin under Win2000
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 08:03:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, blakjak wrote:

> Do you believe that the problems with the latest versions of TCL
> and TK will be resolved sometime?

No one has stepped up to the plate to look at this. Well, actually several
have, but no one has ever been heard from again.. If cygwin users have no
interest in helping to fix the problems, then neither do I. I do not use
cygwin much any more. Maybe that will change and I will pursue the
problem, but for now, I have very little motivation to do anything about
it.

> Is it possible to add a comment to the Web pages to say which is
> the latest version of Insight that is not broken for Windows?

You can use any version of insight. It's the version of Tcl, Tk, Itcl, etc
that is "broken". There is a web page on the insight home page that talks
about this already, and explains how to use newer versions of Insight with
older versions of tcl et al.

Keith